Notorious Best fix servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see the v4 version to see what it does different. Is it just stuck at one position?

The red locktite has held up so far for me. Didn't see much water though, just cold. The ground was soft/muddy, but not sloppy and the puddles at the skate park weren't that bad, so not much splashing about.

When the blue gel locktite let go, it was after hitting larger puddles at the skate park.

I'd like to see the v4 version to see what it does different. Is it just stuck at one position?

The red locktite has held up so far for me. Didn't see much water though, just cold. The ground was soft/muddy, but not sloppy and the puddles at the skate park weren't that bad, so not much splashing about.

When the blue gel locktite let go, it was after hitting larger puddles at the skate park.

Looks like on the new part the "nut" is no longer there though it does look adjustable.
ARA340163

Actually, I'm guessing it's only adjustable by adding more of those washers to it under the spring as I'm assuming the two post halves bolt into each other tightly as you can't back the threads off or it wouldn't fit in under the mounting plate.

Actually, I'm guessing it's only adjustable by adding more of those washers to it under the spring as I'm assuming the two post halves bolt into each other tightly as you can't back the threads off or it wouldn't fit in under the mounting plate.
I see! Makes sense

At least it isn't like the old OFNA one where you had to compress the spring then throw a c-clip on. Had to have 3 hands with one of them being the strength of a gorilla but the size of a child. I had that on my first savage before HPI wised up and made an adjustable one vs servo mounted one.

The thing on the left was the OFNA 18034:
brassspacer.jpg

Vs later HPI:
2010-0410-SavageServoSaver.jpg

The stampede one is similar, held on by a clip. God forbid you want to stiffen it up a bit by adding a washer or two. I've busted it trying to get it to clip together! I now have a hot racing steering rack which has a normally adjustable one with a nut.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back