best fpv camera???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC_kid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
ok, so i have a granite and im wondering, is there any good fpv cameras out there that don't cost a whole lot?? i have an led bar and i thought that it would be cool to see what the truck sees, day and night :) i assume there are universal fpv apps to find the signal so im probably just looking for a decent camera. any help appreciated! (y)
thanks! :) :D
(and im not quite sure how to hook up the camera/wire up, so help is also needed with this)

ok, so i have a granite and im wondering, is there any good fpv cameras out there that don't cost a whole lot?? i have an led bar and i thought that it would be cool to see what the truck sees, day and night :) i assume there are universal fpv apps to find the signal so im probably just looking for a decent camera. any help appreciated! (y)
thanks! :) :D
(and im not quite sure how to hook up the camera/wire up, so help is also needed with this)
@SrC @Lovestricken and myself are all highly experienced with fpv and the pain it can be to set things up. The issue with rc cars versus drones is more electrical noise and interference. You can run a all in one cam and run it off a seperate small battery but your signal will be weak and range will be an issue. You need a vtx to run a fpv camera or an all in one setup wich has the vtx and camera built in. A vtx is the transmitter that sends the video feed to your phone or screen or goggles. With either an all in one or a vtx and cam you will need a receiver to run it on your phone or a receiver screen combo or just buy goggles. You will run into signal issues and we have tried numerous ways to clear up our feeds so if you have questions let us know. My question for you is how far are you wanting to go range wise and what kind of quality are you after?

@SrC @Lovestricken and myself are all highly experienced with fpv and the pain it can be to set things up. The issue with rc cars versus drones is more electrical noise and interference. You can run a all in one cam and run it off a seperate small battery but your signal will be weak and range will be an issue. You need a vtx to run a fpv camera or an all in one setup wich has the vtx and camera built in. A vtx is the transmitter that sends the video feed to your phone or screen or goggles. With either an all in one or a vtx and cam you will need a receiver to run it on your phone or a receiver screen combo or just buy goggles. You will run into signal issues and we have tried numerous ways to clear up our feeds so if you have questions let us know. My question for you is how far are you wanting to go range wise and what kind of quality are you after?
sorry, little late on the response, im thinking about ~75 ft maximum, just to kind of ride around in my driveway and "explore" my backyard or something while i can be sitting inside, im going for decent-ish (as long as it wont break and has decent video quality), i was actually thinking if i can just have dis-connectable wires so i can take the camera out when i go bashing so i don't break it, and i was thinking, because my dad any i can probably fabricate a mount off of the top of the inside of the body, i can just Velcro the camera to the mount so like i said before, i can remove it to bash.
thanks for the help! :)

sorry, little late on the response, im thinking about ~75 ft maximum, just to kind of ride around in my driveway and "explore" my backyard or something while i can be sitting inside, im going for decent-ish (as long as it wont break and has decent video quality), i was actually thinking if i can just have dis-connectable wires so i can take the camera out when i go bashing so i don't break it, and i was thinking, because my dad any i can probably fabricate a mount off of the top of the inside of the body, i can just Velcro the camera to the mount so like i said before, i can remove it to bash.
thanks for the help! :)
Your best bet for just back yard booting is an all in one camera and some cheap box goggles. Most all in one cams take 5v but you can find some that will take higher than 5v. You need to run a seperate small 2s battery and down volt it to 5v or you can start messing around like me an Lovestricken and run it off your main battery and install capacitors and filters and the whole nine to try and clean up the static.

I am using an Emax EZ pilot, Which is very fascinating. The First Person View goggles allow you to see every detail of objects around. You can easily learn the basics of flying it through the Level 1 speed mode. Finally, this drone is easy for beginners to learn how to control quickly. I think for the best indoor drones you can find on the market and examined some important features like flight time, speed, dimensions, and weight.

Last edited:
I am using this Ryze tech tello. Which is great for indoor use thanks to its compact size, For Lightweight it is very easy to mount and detach. The high-quality image processor helps produce a bright and clear image of the surroundings, helping you see everything clearly even from far away. If you want to cover the big area, It will be disappointing you because its range is only 328ft. It does not matter for me, I am using this only for my indoor and surveillance purpose, you can try it out.

Back