Typhon Best gearing for accceleration?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
I don’t do speed runs and have 0 interest in them but to each his own. Too many brick mailboxes around my house anyway. Has anybody ever geared down thier 6s for track duty and if so what were the results? I’m all about more acceleration if I can put the power down. What diameter is the stock 2050kv motor shaft because I have extra Arrma safe d pinions if this is a good idea to improve acceleration? I don’t need the buggy to do over maybe 25-29 mph on the track I run it at but I would like more acceleration out of the corners and for clearing jumps? My esc punch setting is still at the default 4 position but I’m thinking about increasing it gradually before I mess with gearing and see how the 6sv5 reacts? Opinions? thanks

thanks. I’m not messing with the stock diff fluid. You are correct that my local track allows up to 4s for1/8 scale e-buggies. I don't have any 4s packs and want to see how the 6sv5 responds to 3s and max punch before I buy any 4s packs. thanks

My typhon i did 100/500/60 😂ran it once i liked the combo for 5 min until i crashed
My eb48.3 also has same fluids that mf be flying and turning with a decent drifting aggressive
Acceleration coming out of turns.

Back