Best glue for broken plastic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philistine

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Sorry if it seems like a dumb question but... yknow... Im new to this and how do you find out if you don't ask?

what’s the best glue to use to fix broken plastic parts?
My rear bumper/wheelie bar mount crCked where the screws hold it on today and it just seems silly to buy a replacement part.

Dunno if its available elsewhere, but here in Aus theres a 2 part epoxy glue called araldite that i was thinking of using.

what do others use?

Araldite is good, but not sure it'll hold a wheely bar. Gorilla Glue is also popular in the UK but not sure if you can get it in Aus. Again I have my doubts about whether it'll withstand a bashing.

I know you're not keen but best thing is to get a new one.

Hey all,
Sorry if it seems like a dumb question but... yknow... Im new to this and how do you find out if you don't ask?

what’s the best glue to use to fix broken plastic parts?
My rear bumper/wheelie bar mount crCked where the screws hold it on today and it just seems silly to buy a replacement part.

Dunno if its available elsewhere, but here in Aus theres a 2 part epoxy glue called araldite that i was thinking of using.

what do others use?
It's only a couple of bucks. It will probably break again if u glue it or get a new one. If u want, just take it off!

Unfortunately glued parts rarely last, (speaking from experience):( I have found in the long run to just replace the broken part and save yourself from becoming frustrated. I've shortened my day twice because of it..

Here in the States most like JB Weld, a 2 part epoxy with metal fiber in it. It is high temp capable. I even repaired an expensive Nitro Tuned Pipe on my RC10GT years ago, and its still holding. Never failed me yet. You can get it at Home Depot. But even some hobby shops carry it because it is that good.

Cheers guys
Yeah i know it’s not the best solution, but i live in the middle of nowhere and everything needs to bought online.
So buying a single cheap part ends up costing me double with postage
Yeah
Here in the States most like JB Weld, a 2 part epoxy with metal fiber in it. It is high temp capable. I even repaired an expensive Nitro Tuned Pipe on my RC10GT years ago, and its still holding. Never failed me yet. You can get it at Home Depot. But even some hobby shops carry it because it is that good.
yeah we can get jb weld here too. Ive used it for other projects in the past, but i would have thought it was a bit brittle for this kinda application

Last edited:
Also really frustrating because i actually just ordered some stuff the day before hahah
Had a small rock get stuck between the motor and the central driveshaft and throughout the course of a single battery pack, it managed to strip right thru it like a lathe and cut it into two separate pieces

Didn't Kevin Talbot try to fix his buddies nitro engine that they cracked in half with JB weld?

^^^ Yes I saw that. But the way they did it and the way the engine broke, It was never repairable. I saw that and just knew it wouldn't work. I don't think it worked if I remember correctly. It appears KT tends to rush things sometimes, like he doesn't care enough to do it right or can but doesn't. Just wants the footage maybe? He's smart guy overall. Seems like Jack of all trades and a master of none. But he has a grip on RC for sure. He better, he spends enough on RC gear. But usually corny. Funny. He is serious at times too. But I still laugh.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back