Kraton Best grease for composite differantial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I was wondering what would be the best grease for my arrma kraton 4s diff? Recently one of my diff blew and i think it was because of the inapropriate grease i used. I used high pressure grease semi- synthetic it has a bad smell i originaly bought this for my rustler 4x4 metal diff but now its another story because my kraton has plastic diff....i do have silicone grease

I use brake grease.

Why not use 7000 or 5000 wt diff oil? These 4s 4x4 with slipper clutches don't need the thick wt oil we use in the 6s rigs.

Why not use 7000 or 5000 wt diff oil? These 4s 4x4 with slipper clutches don't need the thick wt oil we use in the 6s rigs.
??? Slipper clutch doesn't need oil. Im talking about what grease to use with the diff gear and sun gear. I could put 60k diff oil on it but i heard you should not put oil

??? Slipper clutch doesn't need oil. Im talking about what grease to use with the diff gear and sun gear. I could put 60k diff oil on it but i heard you should not put oil
If you are asking about diff fluid INSIDE the diff case, stock is 10k silicone. If you are talking about OUTSIDE the diff case, inside the tower to lube the input gear, then any white grease will do.

I hate it when people use an extremely sticky grease, you want these things to have low resistance so that the drivetrain spins freely and allows the motor to spin more easily. A light coating should be fine, because it's plastic against metal, not metal on metal.

I hate it when people use an extremely sticky grease, you want these things to have low resistance so that the drivetrain spins freely and allows the motor to spin more easily. A light coating should be fine, because it's plastic against metal, not metal on metal.
Its platic against plastic i got some litium grease today

I have been ussing white lithium grease but after a few runs i check my diff and its almost completly dry on the teeths:/
Thinking about getting silicone grease

I use this when I need a mission critical lube for my gears. Never fails. Costco sells it. But the lady keeps asking me why it disappears fast.:censored:

Attachments

• RC lube.jpg
    RC lube.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 54
I use this when I need a mission critical lube for my gears. Never fails. Costco sells it. But the lady keeps asking me why it disappears fast.:censored:
I oppened my front diff again and i think it has a little coat on the gears. Hope this doesn't become an issues i had 2 3 rear diff go out first my slipper was too tight. Second one bearing melted the diff support causing a bad gear mesh and third the sun gear only because bearing went bad:c and niw the front the main diff has a litle chip missing in one tooth and my sun gear is almost completly worn doesn't slip tho

In general stay away from any grease that has chromoly in it if using on any plastic or composite gears. Lithium grease is generally used on plastic gears. Plastic gears don't need much lube. A light coating is fine. If the grease is clear or translucent, it probably doesn't have any chrommoly in it. Sil-glyde is a very good silicone grease. Use it on many things around my garage and house. Never tried it in any of my RC's. But most of my RC's have metal gears. So I use Marine grade grease that is water proof. No issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back