Best grit sandpaper for smoothing rough edges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garemlin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Just cut my first body yesterday. A Proline Bronco for my Granite. I did pretty good for my first cut. But have a few rough edges and uneven lines.

What grit sandpaper would be the best for smoothing and evening out those edges.

I do have a dremel but have bad arthritis and don't trust myself using it for this. I'd rather do it by hand since it is pretty small areas.

222D1FF8-288D-4986-8C30-37ED5DE9BD55.jpeg

Make sure to lower the body posts so your body covers the side guards at least. Drill new holes in the posts if you have to. Looks sick!
View attachment 209955

I think you mean to RAISE the posts to meet the new body shell..

@Garemlin
If you need some custom Extended body posts for your Granite, just PM me..
I'm able to custom produce them.
I did it for another member before ,here > Extended Body Mounts

Just painted that same body for my Stampede last weekend, really nice to see new body options like that to choose from.

20220403_145011.jpg

I think you mean to RAISE the posts to meet the new body shell..

@Garemlin
If you need some custom Extended body posts for your Granite, just PM me..
I'm able to custom produce them.
I did it for another member before ,here > Extended Body Mounts

Thanks for the offer. But I already picked up the Proline extended mounts.
Just painted that same body for my Stampede last weekend, really nice to see new body options like that to choose from.

View attachment 210032

What shade of blue did you use?? And is it just the pic or is the hardtop matte in color?

I used Tamiya rattle cans, ps-58 pearl clear and ps-30 brilliant blue for the body. The pearl gives a little sparkle, less intense than metallic but looks cool up close. The top is ps-63 gun metal and windows ps-5 black. Thats just the lighting making it appear matte like that, but it looks so good I'm tempted to tape the windows and lower body and hit the top with a few matte clear coats, that would probably look awesome! Haha, thanks for pointing that out, if I actually do that I'll have to post a pic with good lighting.

I used Tamiya rattle cans, ps-58 pearl clear and ps-30 brilliant blue for the body. The pearl gives a little sparkle, less intense than metallic but looks cool up close. The top is ps-63 gun metal and windows ps-5 black. Thats just the lighting making it appear matte like that, but it looks so good I'm tempted to tape the windows and lower body and hit the top with a few matte clear coats, that would probably look awesome! Haha, thanks for pointing that out, if I actually do that I'll have to post a pic with good lighting.

My plan was to go blue as well. Just a lighter shade. Shooting for something close to Ford's grabber blue. Also debating on going with a white top.

03C96A50-2BD6-431A-AF7B-4E1916509C7E.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back