Kraton Best heat sink fan for stock motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk420

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Wanting some opinions on heat sink fans and how to mount them. Using stock motor and esc. Is it all plug and play or?? Any help is appreciated.

I have been eyeballing some fans too. Especially since I just ordered four 3S 7200mAh 75C batteries. With two 6S setups, that will run longer, I may start seeing temperature issues. Plus, I need something else to do to the car.

You can't go wrong with the heat sink/fan combo from Hobbywing. It brought my temps down at least 20degrees F. The only thing is you need a vice grip to bend the heat sink to conform around your motor. I've tried the ones from Castle and personally I don't think they do a great job. There's also Yeah racing that makes one but don't know how good they work.

I have been eyeballing some fans too. Especially since I just ordered four 3S 7200mAh 75C batteries. With two 6S setups, that will run longer, I may start seeing temperature issues. Plus, I need something else to do to the car.
Lol I hear that. It gets pretty warm here during the summer so I'm looking around to see what others are running.
You can't go wrong with the heat sink/fan combo from Hobbywing. It brought my temps down at least 20degrees F. The only thing is you need a vice grip to bend the heat sink to conform around your motor. I've tried the ones from Castle and personally I don't think they do a great job. There's also Yeah racing that makes one but don't know how good they work.
Been eyeballing the hobby wing ones. Like the way they look. Will it fit the kraton with the tower still on?

It fit fine on my typhon but I also saw someone on YouTube put it on his Talion and Kraton. I think you just have to offset the angle of how you put it on. Just to remind you also you do have to take the motor off the mount to put it on because what I love about this heat sink is that it wraps completely around the motor which helps with heat dissapation.

Uh oh. So I'm going to have to mess with the spur mesh? I've never done that before and was trying to avoid it lol. Oh well looks like I'll have to learn something new. I've read a few things about it like the paper trick but haven't had to mess with it yet. Thanks for the heads up

Uh oh. So I'm going to have to mess with the spur mesh? I've never done that before and was trying to avoid it lol. Oh well looks like I'll have to learn something new. I've read a few things about it like the paper trick but haven't had to mess with it yet. Thanks for the heads up

You can take the motor and center differential out at the same time, and keep them connected. No need to separate those 2.

Actually you do have to disconnect it from diff because the Hobbywing heat sink has to slide on because of how much coverage it has and of course you cant slide it in from the back of the motor because the bullet connecter leads are in the way so you have to do it from the shaft end.

You gotta do it some time anyway the more you do it the better you become. I don't even use paper trick I go by look feel and sound works every time. I've never had a bad gear mesh ever.
Maybe I could mark it somehow with a permanent marker to help get it in the ballpark and go from there. Not sure what I'm feeling for or what to listen for when adjusting the spur mesh. Might just take a pic, mark it, and give it a shot. Thanks for your help Armmajunkee. Im sure I'll have more questions when I get the fan in and go to install it lol

I've been running the Hobby Wing combo on my Kraton and Senton and it works great. I did use servo extensions to keep the wiring tidy Kraton2.jpg Senton2.jpg

Maybe I could mark it somehow with a permanent marker to help get it in the ballpark and go from there. Not sure what I'm feeling for or what to listen for when adjusting the spur mesh. Might just take a pic, mark it, and give it a shot. Thanks for your help Armmajunkee. Im sure I'll have more questions when I get the fan in and go to install it lol
Check this video it should guide you:

Could one of you guys link to the setup we need - had a hot day today and my temps were above what I'm happy with. Thanks!

I was going to go with a hobbywing but ended up with a powerhobby instead. Its snaps on very snug and I like the solid black color. No need to remove motor. Not that doing so is a big deal.

I may have to do more research before I decid. Snaps on you say? Is that the one that's held down with zip ties?

Is it metal or plastic? The black dose look nice on there. Good choice Crash!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back