Kraton Best Kraton front bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RPM bumber is great.

EXB sucks, maybe ok with 3D-rc mount it will be ok ?

Avoid T-BONE these sucks sadly, looks great, but they break in 2pieces sadly

Since the basic Kraton doesn’t come with a bumper I’m looking for a good one. I love the Arrma basher bumper on my noto, but also have an rpm bumper. Unfortunately I lost the pin retainer part for the rpm bumper so can’t use it. Is there a part I can buy to replace it? I can’t find anything…

So what do y’all run on your Kratons for front bumpers? Oh…Arrma are the 6s TBone bumpers worth the cost?
I have the EXB one and its great. Get the Tbone wheelie bar too to help protect the rear wing.

The RPM and it looks like the T-bone too use the lower gearbox screws as attachment points which will weaken the attachment of the gearbox and overall structural integrity of the car by anchoring these critical screws to soft plastic instead of the aluminum chassis. The EXB seems to be the only one with a good design which adds additional lower and upper mounting points while minimally compromising existing ones.

My vote goes to EXB.
Or a combination of the 2. I think using screws through the chassis into the gearbox is the only logical,effective way to attach a bumper/skidplate on these, along with something from the front). The stock Armma setup is rather weak since the pivot plate cover is the main connection to the skid plate, with the pivot plate cover only attatched by 2, 3mm screws. I mean the stock skid plate has 3, 4mm screws going into the pivot plate cover, which is held on by 2, 3mm screws!? Wow! Straight cheesy IMO. No wonder my mojave bumper ripped off in a week🤣🤣
I got a solution for that too(mojave).

20220507_101949.jpg

20220507_101835.jpg

Last edited:
I have the EXB one and its great. Get the Tbone wheelie bar too to help protect the rear wing.
Thanks! I have a TBone wheelie bar on my notorious and it’s pretty nice.
For my 1/7 Outcast I made my own using hdpe and a heat gun. Kind of cool to have a one off. You seem like a pretty crafty guy and could have fun with it.

View attachment 218540

View attachment 218541
That is really cool! And you’re right, I would have fun making something like that. I’ll have to explore that type of plastic. What thickness did you use?
My bumper came with two pin retainers, I can mail you one if you want.
I’ll pm you and THANKS!!

Last edited:
I think the attachment points of the EXB bumper makes it shine better than the RPM's. Function over form is what matters most with bumpers.
Having T-bones, they look hideous.( form factor) But have not failed for me in 3 of my rigs. At least has done its job for the most part. Expensive however... maybe overpriced?? But they need to be looked over at times. They can damage the bulkhead if using the OE plastic stockers. Screws tend to strip out with hard impacts. I would not got to T-Bones anymore. Just they were the only game in town 5-6 years ago. Now, the EXB and RPM's would be my next choice to try out. In that order.
Thanks bud! Much appreciated as always.

Or a combination of the 2. I think using screws through the chassis into the gearbox is the only logical,effective way to attach a bumper/skidplate on these, along with something from the front). The stock Armma setup is rather weak since the pivot plate cover is the main connection to the skid plate, with the pivot plate cover only attatched by 2, 3mm screws. I mean the stock skid plate has 3, 4mm screws going into the pivot plate cover, which is held on by 2, 3mm screws!? Wow! Straight cheesy IMO. No wonder my mojave bumper ripped off in a week🤣🤣
I got a solution for that too(mojave).

View attachment 218577

View attachment 218578

M4 screws to hold the lower mount to the gearbox/bulkhead would be better, but it seems strong enough with the additional upper attachment. Without this I would agree that the load on the screws would be excessive. Looks like the Mojave bumper is different, sticks out more and will apply more torque to the mount points. No experience with this model. The only noteworthy issue I have with the 'super basher' bumper is the upper spring/spacer, which is designed in a way that concentrates stress around where the loop on each side transitions to the inner mount, leading to cracking of the spacer.

I would also rather rip the bumper off than have the gearbox screws pull through the bumper and leave the gearbox loose to wreak all manner of havoc on the chassis and drivetrain, or reinforce the skid plate with countersunk washers to prevent this and then have a heavy impact pull the screws right out of the gearbox. I'm glad Arrma engineers seem to have recognized these potential issues and worked around them with their design.

M4 screws to hold the lower mount to the gearbox/bulkhead would be better, but it seems strong enough with the additional upper attachment. Without this I would agree that the load on the screws would be excessive. Looks like the Mojave bumper is different, sticks out more and will apply more torque to the mount points. No experience with this model. The only noteworthy issue I have with the 'super basher' bumper is the upper spring/spacer, which is designed in a way that concentrates stress around where the loop on each side transitions to the inner mount, leading to cracking of the spacer.

I would also rather rip the bumper off than have the gearbox screws pull through the bumper and leave the gearbox loose to wreak all manner of havoc on the chassis and drivetrain, or reinforce the skid plate with countersunk washers to prevent this and then have a heavy impact pull the screws right out of the gearbox. I'm glad Arrma engineers seem to have recognized these potential issues and worked around them with their design.
Maybe, IDK but I modified out of need. The mojave setup is weak. These are sacrificial parts, so it supposed to happen I guess.The rear skid is where I had the failure. Hopefully it will never be an issue again. ✌

I like the exb bumper the best. It also has light kits made to easily mount to it. Tbone sucks and I've broken 2 of them from some damn light taps.

I like the exb bumper the best. It also has light kits made to easily mount to it. Tbone sucks and I've broken 2 of them from some damn light taps.
It has an available light kit? Do you know which one? That’s cool…thanks man!

Hmmmmm, does anyone know if the Fireteam front bumper will fit the Kraton? That might be a cool look, and it looks like a reasonably tough bumper

If you buy the turnbuckle rod ends for the Arrma vechicles it comes with the Typhon front bumper and that fits under the Rpm bumber and hold the pins in. https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...FxFVXXBg1POHW7JP6TU0nvck53SoFDHsaAqolEALw_wcB
That's what we had to do before Rpm started including the pin retainers.
Holly poop, I have that pack. Ordered it recently and threw it in my parts box so I have them when I need them. I had no idea it had that inside. Many many thanks buddy! Man…very cool.

Yeah man! I've wondered the same! Not sure if the kraton body would interfere tho?
I've been looking for ways to give my Kraton more of a monster truck type look, and that bumper seems to fit that look pretty well. I hope it fits!
Yeah man! I've wondered the same! Not sure if the kraton body would interfere tho?
I've heard though that the Fireteam is on a Mohave chassis, since you have both Mohave and Kraton, you could have a look to see if the front of the chassis is the same between the two, that might give us a clue if a fireteam bumper might fit or not.

I've been looking for ways to give my Kraton more of a monster truck type look, and that bumper seems to fit that look pretty well. I hope it fits!

I've heard though that the Fireteam is on a Mohave chassis, since you have both Mohave and Kraton, you could have a look to see if the front of the chassis is the same between the two, that might give us a clue if a fireteam bumper might fit or not.
As far as the chassis itself, I'd say theyre pretty much the same with the exception of length of course. A quick look at the fireteam front bumper looks very close to the mojave in the support area where it bolts to the shock tower.
I'll have to go out to the garage and see if the kraton shock tower looks like the mojave supports will bolt up.
Probably require some drilling or maybe even a shock tower swap..

Shoot! I think it would bolt right up!! Have a look at where the mojave bumper supports attach to the tower..just above and outside of the upper towe mounting screws. The holes are already there on the kraton shock tower..🤔😮😃

20220519_221816.jpg

20220519_221827.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back