Kraton Best Kraton front bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have 3 EXB bumpers to choose from
Kraton - Outcast - Talion
So you can choose which looks best to
you

These do not attach through the diff mounts, which I think is important

With the 3d-rc bumper support, I feel these are the best option for the Arrma 8th scales
The 3 exb bumpers

Attachments

• 0E9AAFF2-55E7-418A-BBDB-5AB547CA5E26.jpeg
    0E9AAFF2-55E7-418A-BBDB-5AB547CA5E26.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 71
  • B9CEAF60-1319-417D-AD4E-746B8F8DBAE4.jpeg
    B9CEAF60-1319-417D-AD4E-746B8F8DBAE4.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 76
  • CC81900A-F849-4D31-AE0F-70E99F61365D.jpeg
    CC81900A-F849-4D31-AE0F-70E99F61365D.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
you

With the 3d-rc bumper support, I feel these are the best option for the Arrma 8th scales
The 3 exb bumpers
Possibly Fireteam as well.

you

The 3 exb bumpers
Thank you! I didn’t realize there were three. Very good to know. Yes, I’ll be getting bumper supports from 3-D. Wing mounts as well.

I forgot to mention in my other post but I used to use tbone racing and Rpm bumpers but I have switched to the EXB bumpers with the @3d-rc.myshopify.com bumper springs and so far I am liking them better because they kill 2 stones with one bird. They look great on the vehicles and they are pretty stout so you get form and function all in one shot.

I forgot to mention in my other post but I used to use tbone racing and Rpm bumpers but I have switched to the EXB bumpers with the @3d-rc.myshopify.com bumper springs and so far I am liking them better because they kill 2 stones with one bird. They look great on the vehicles and they are pretty stout so you get form and function all in one shot.
I ended up getting the EXB bumper and it should be delivered in a couple days. The more I thought about some comments regarding how the rpm one is attached With the same screws that secure the differential…kind of concerned me. Maybe it’s an unfounded concerned but it makes sense that it would put a lot of stress on the plastic screwholes.

If you can find one, the t bone typhon bastion bumper is great on the Kraton. It’s solid and not bulky. Unfortunately my son smacked mine into a rock in freezing temps and it finally broke. I can’t find another one. It was kinda cheap. I went with a bulky rpm bumper for now.

9D2C0611-641C-4A19-AA68-7F54A859171E.jpeg

If you can find one, the t bone typhon bastion bumper is great on the Kraton. It’s solid and not bulky. Unfortunately my son smacked mine into a rock in freezing temps and it finally broke. I can’t find another one. It was kinda cheap. I went with a bulky rpm bumper for now.

9D2C0611-641C-4A19-AA68-7F54A859171E.jpeg
Just noticed they have some in stock finally!!

I ended up getting the EXB bumper and it should be delivered in a couple days. The more I thought about some comments regarding how the rpm one is attached With the same screws that secure the differential…kind of concerned me. Maybe it’s an unfounded concerned but it makes sense that it would put a lot of stress on the plastic screwholes.
I hear ya. I feel like it's pretty secure, the rpm tied to the Arrma bumper support/spring. The Arrma bumper(exb) with no spring support at the rear may be vulnerable but I'm not too concerned. What's @SrC Say? We all rc differently 😎

It seems to me that a good bumper is a bit shorter than the wheels. Does not protude out before the wheels. If it does the full impact in a crash goes into the chassis. If it is shorter the impact goes into the tires and if it's hard a suspension arm can break. Thats easier and cheaper to fix. Like a predetermined breaking point. I removed the Arrma ones. Broke them within a short time on the Kraton and 6s Typhon. The Talion EXB bumper is just about the right length.

That's going to be my next one for sure. 🤔
Did you have to make mounting holes or did you get them to line up with mounts some how?

Forgot, using 1/5 mounts as well. Should be linked in my build thread. The original idea came from 3 sons rc on youtube. I fell in love with the idea and decided to build one of my own.

I hear ya. I feel like it's pretty secure, the rpm tied to the Arrma bumper support/spring. The Arrma bumper(exb) with no spring support at the rear may be vulnerable but I'm not too concerned. What's @SrC Say? We all rc differently 😎
I’m probably concerned for no reason. I mean that’s how the bumpers work with the 3S cars…but the 3S cars are quite a bit lighter. I also like the way the EXB bumper looks, so all good.

If you can find one the pos bumpers have been indestructible for me. I have the outcast F&R on my noto. They have survived some serious abuse.
Screenshot_20220521-055853_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220521-055829_Chrome.jpg

Not mentioned is that the EXB bumper has small rear attachment screws that don’t play nicely with M2C hinge pin holders/hinge pin nuts. That drove me to change on some of my builds.
Hurricane

Not mentioned is that the EXB bumper has small rear attachment screws that don’t play nicely with M2C hinge pin holders/hinge pin nuts. That drove me to change on some of my builds.
Hurricane
That is very good to know. I’m running hot racing and GPM hinge pin holders for now. Came down to a cost thing. But in the future I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks man!

It seems to me that a good bumper is a bit shorter than the wheels.

Assuming the bumper has a good energy absorbing design, my intuition is that you want it about even with the wheels so that the energy of a collision with a flat surface is absorbed by both the bumper and the wheels, reducing the load on the suspension components to a degree but not initially transferring it all to the bumper/chassis as with a protruding bumper.

Somebody should make FEA models with all the Arrma cars and bumper designs and find out, ha.

I think the attachment points of the EXB bumper makes it shine better than the RPM's. Function over form is what matters most with bumpers.
Having T-bones, they look hideous.( form factor) But have not failed for me in 3 of my rigs. At least has done its job for the most part. Expensive however... maybe overpriced?? But they need to be looked over at times. They can damage the bulkhead if using the OE plastic stockers. Screws tend to strip out with hard impacts. I would not got to T-Bones anymore. Just they were the only game in town 5-6 years ago. Now, the EXB and RPM's would be my next choice to try out. In that order.
funny you mentioned T-Bone as only game in town 5years ago,,, Im still running mine . Time flies !!

If anyone is interested in trying the Fireteam bumper. Here are the part numbers you'll need. I'll probably get this all ordered up next week myself.

ARA320692 - Arma Bumper and side step set
ARA320688 - Arma Skid plates
ARA320690 - Arma Skid plate mount set
ARAC9879 - Hex socket M3x20mm cap head(4)
ARAC9878 - Hex socket M3x12mm cap head(10)
ARAC9889 - Hex socket M3x16mm flat head(10)
ARAC9892 - Hex socket M4x16mm flat head(4)

For my 1/7 Outcast I made my own using hdpe and a heat gun. Kind of cool to have a one off. You seem like a pretty crafty guy and could have fun with it.

View attachment 218540

View attachment 218541
Hey man, thanks to your post I got a 12x12, 1/8” thick square of that material to experiment with. So how did you work it? What is the best way to cut it into shape, do you heat it up before you cut it or use a Dremel or a bandsaw cold? I’m not sure where to start having never done something like this but you are right, I’m crafty and can figure it out...once I know where to start 😂
Thanks bud!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back