Best lipo battery for Senton 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alejandroid93

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Just got a arrma senton 4x4 and wanted to extend my run time. I have a lipo charger just wanna know a good size battery to go with so i don't fry the esc.

3s around 5200 mah is what I like. Just want to make sure you keep it 3s or 2s.
Keeping the mah to 5000-5600 or so should allow you to run for 15-20 hard minutes and not have to worry about getting too hot in the summer.
These right here are good value and good packs in my experience:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PowerHobby...tamLtp:sc:USPSPriority!70401!US!-1:rk:11:pf:0

Welcome to the Arrma Forum. Great place to look at upgrades and talk with very informative people that all love their Arrma vehicles.

35c is acceptable but you'll get best burst from 50c or even more. C-rating will not have any negative effect on your esc at all unless you go too low. The manual will state a lowest threshold regarding c-rating. I always go with highest c-rating I want to afford with at least 50c minimum. C-Rating is almost easy to consider if you think of how fast the juice dumps from your battery pack. Faster dump, better performance and burst. imo, this is how I look at it. I've never run into an issue even using well over 100c and you'll also find that c-rating is often fudged or mis-represented by the battery manufacturer. This is why I always go highest I want to afford. You'll love those batteries I linked for sure and they should last a long time if you charge properly (not too fast,) unplug from the esc when not in use, and generally take care of your lipos.

So I would charge these packs at 5.2 amps is I don't mind waiting for about an hour or 10.4 amps if I want them faster. You can charge at higher amps but these battery packs suggest 2s charging.... so 10.4amps tops if you have a hobby grade charger.

Just looked and if you have the *brushed Senton 4x4, I would make sure the battery packs I linked will fit. I think they will but haven't looked at the specs of your battery tray. Either way, you'll be fine with c-rating. Also, you'll need 2 cell packs where I linked 3 cell. Also not sure of the battery connector.
Sorry for the confusion. I'll check to see what else I can link in 2 cell after I look at your esc connector.

Looks like you have Deans or T-Type connectors.

If you have the brushed motor, I would consider these for the cost and 35c is enough for this truck:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerhobby...5dbV9NS:sc:USPSPriority!70401!US!-1:rk:7:pf:0

Sorry for the confusion at first. Arrma names their vehicles so similarly that I get easily confused. 35c should do you just fine with long runtimes and enough power for brushed motor.

I put these on a Arrma Granite Voltage today and they were quite nice for runtime and performance and they fit the battery tray. gensacearespammers makes good packs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WOAWHUK/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry about the confusion.... please disregard my suggestion for 3s batteries. I feel bad that I didn't pay better attention to your profile and post. The last posts I made will be more helpful.

Does it matter 35c or 50co_O
C rating is highly overstated by many LiPo battery manufactures for marketing purposes. That said it's better to play on the safe side and get a LiPo battery with the higher C rating. Rather safe then burn up your ESC or other.

Just got a arrma senton 4x4 and wanted to extend my run time. I have a lipo charger just wanna know a good size battery to go with so i don't fry the esc.

Is your Senton the 3s BLX version or the Mega brushed version?

This is what I use in my senton 6s blx its a 4s 7600mah 100c and it last me the whole time i'm at the track the only down fall you will have it just takes forever to charge cause the higher the # with the letter C after it it would take to drain but once it's charged it would last you a long time. You will have to cool your motor at sum point, also you cant go wrong with Venom battery's just don't throw your receipt away if anything happens to that battery they will give you a new one & I have heard they will do it with no questions ask you just call them up they give you a rma # and you send it in. Now this is what I use so use at your own risk & it will heat your motor up after running it for a long time & its pretty heavy to so you might want to stiffin your shocks more. Its pretty pricey I think I paid $150 for it but its been well worth every penny.

Mega brushed I just 2s 60c 6000mah
This is what I use in my senton 6s blx its a 4s 7600mah 100c and it last me the whole time i'm at the track the only down fall you will have it just takes forever to charge cause the higher the # with the letter C after it it would take to drain but once it's charged it would last you a long time. You will have to cool your motor at sum point, also you cant go wrong with Venom battery's just don't throw your receipt away if anything happens to that battery they will give you a new one & I have heard they will do it with no questions ask you just call them up they give you a rma # and you send it in. Now this is what I use so use at your own risk & it will heat your motor up after running it for a long time & its pretty heavy to so you might want to stiffin your shocks more. Its pretty pricey I think I paid $150 for it but its been well worth every penny.

It will do more than just heat his motor up a bit, lol.

Yeah its brushed don't have the $ for the blx 6s but later down the line i plan and converting it

This is what I use in my senton 6s blx its a 4s 7600mah 100c and it last me the whole time i'm at the track the only down fall you will have it just takes forever to charge cause the higher the # with the letter C after it it would take to drain but once it's charged it would last you a long time. ...

The C rating has nothing to do with runtime. Runtime is all a about the MAH.

MAH = Mili-amp-hour. This is the electrical measurement equivalent to "how big is your gas tank". The more mah/gas in your tank, the longer your car will run. Your 7600mah pack is bigger than average (twss), so you get more run time. Also, same for charge time. Bigger tank = takes longer, or more amps to charge.

The C rating is more complicated. It is a theoretical rating of how many amps the battery can supply. The ONLY time this rating will effect run time (by enough to notice) is if you dead short the battery - then a higher C battery will probably catch fire a bit quicker than a lower C rated battery.

The # next to the C - this is a factor of the batteries capacity. So if the capacity is 5000mah = 5ah, then 1C is 5 amps. 10c would be 50 amps, 100C would be 500 amps. So the higher the C rating, the more amps can flow out of the battery. (worth noting, and would make for a BIG sidebar discussion, but almost all battery mfgr's lie about the C rating. Most all batteries are between 20c-30c (true rating), with a very few that push up to around 50C. but generally, a higher C rating is probably a better battery than a lower C rating, WINTHIN THAT SAME BRAND)

Amp load - having a high C battery will NOT endanger your ESC and motor. The motor is the LOAD, and therefor will try to draw the current /amps it needs. The ESC and battery just provide the amps the motor is asking for. If either the ESC or battery can't provide full amps, the motor makes less power.

How this plays out in real life - for a brushed truck, like our Mega 4x4, the motor has a relatively low amp draw, so you don't need high C batteries - 20c-35c is fine. your pack is 100C, but the brushed motor will never get anywhere near that limit, unless something shorts out. For the BLX 3s/6s guys, the brushless motor is hungrier, so you need to be able to feed it more amps. The BLX cars have a 35c minimum, but they will really benefit from 50C or better batteries.

Last edited:
Well if ur talking about a 3s blx truck, then I have a gensacearespammers 5000 50c lipo. Alot of guys are running these and it gives me a long run time and plenty of power. Exellant packs!

Well if ur talking about a 3s blx truck, then I have a gensacearespammers 5000 50c lipo. Alot of guys are running these and it gives me a long run time and plenty of power. Exellant packs!
How much run time r u getting?

Can you run a senton 4x4 mega (brushed) with a 3s battery? Doesn’t it fry the motor?

Is there anything wrong with outing an even larger battery in my Big Rock? Right now I am running some 6000 mAh lipo at around 410 grams weight. What about a 7200 mAh at around 480 grams weight? They both fit.... of course it will work.... But how important is the weight of these packs? Is 480 grams getting more than the truck can perform well with? I ask because I fly planes. With planes, weight is super important. But with a truck????

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back