Best loctite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, use the sticks they are much easier, and second… probably blue, but maybe orange.

I use this one.
CC248019-81EA-4972-94F7-2AF0405EDA61.jpeg

Well would you look at that lol, 90% so you clearly like the stick over liquid? Less mess? Easier to apply?
Less waste, doesn't dry out or evaporate, lasts forever. I still use liquid in some instances, like if I have a screw that's already installed and I just want to partially back it out then apply the threadlock...I can just apply a drop of liquid, but most of the time I use the stick.

Thanks can wait to try the stick, never new it existed. I’ve been using the tube blue242 and it needs to be shaken up forever drives me nuts 🥜

I use loctite brand, and usually use the "stick" 90% of the time.

Loctite 248 Blue Threadlocker Glue Stick: All-Purpose, Medium-Strength, Anaerobic | Blue, 9-Gram Wax Stick (PN: 37643-506166) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053ZNMDE/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_HQBHG7G4AA3GJ61WM2AW
Really? That’s great! I hate that runny sticky slime I have. I’ve never even heard of the stick style. Thank you!!
I always thought cross threading was better than loctite? But I could be wrong 😑View attachment 200147
I loved that guy in Young Frankenstein I think it was 🤣

View attachment 200146
Loctite 248 sticks. Hands down this stuff is amazing!

It doesn't drip, doesn't dry up, doesn't spill, and stays exactly where I put it.
Yeah I’m going to get some. I think my only issue would be convincing my kid it’s not a crafting glue stick. Looks kinda like what we get her for all of her arts and crafts.

Loctite 243 or the Permatex equivalent (oil resistant blue) is good because you don't have to clean the threads as thoroughly before application. Loctite 242 or regular Permatex blue will work too but oil or grease residue ruins the bond more easily. I have also used Vibratite brand and find it has a higher breakaway torque than the strength class equivalents from other brands, which you may or may not want. Permatex orange (between blue and red strength) might be good for set screws and the like but I haven't used it.

Sticks and gels can be less messy but you'll still need liquid for blind hole applications. I generally find the liquid easier to work with as the bottles come with a small applicator spout that lets me precisely drip it on a screw or in a hole without mess. Perhaps my technique is just less practised but when trying to use a gel or stick applicator I find it taking longer to properly coat the threads.

Less waste, doesn't dry out or evaporate, lasts forever. I still use liquid in some instances, like if I have a screw that's already installed and I just want to partially back it out then apply the threadlock...I can just apply a drop of liquid, but most of the time I use the stick.
Appreciate the info 🤝

You might get a thousand answers here.:LOL: And why.
I use Loctite 243. (Blue) Large 50ml bottle.
242 is the standard common Blue TL.
243 works better on dirty, oily and prior Threadlocked stuff. Overall same strength as 242.
Honestly, they are all very similar. It is how long you let it cure (roughly 24 hours) and how clean you prepare the screws before installing.
I just stay away from Red TL's and rarely use TL on Aluminum. Just sometimes you need to. Like the Arrma Metal diff cases for instance. Need to use a slight drop.
Very little TL needs to be used. Too much causes issues. Sometimes no matter how much heat you use, it won't come off without damage to the screw or the part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back