Best method of selling RC online?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you want to list it or sell it? Listing is more for a store type setup.
Take your losses and sell it, add a minimum bid and add shipping.
Yes, break it down and sell upgrade parts where it makes sense.

Another option is to list it in any FB RC specific groups you may belong to. There are some that even focus on buy/sell. I just bought 4 Belted Trenchers almost new for $80 so its worthwhile to join several of these groups. Personally I feel face to face sales are best. No chance of a fast one being pulled by either side and can meet somewhere that negates chances of robbery.

Sell it on Facebook marketplace. I’ve never done the Facebook thing but after a friend told me about the deals he’s gotten i signed up.... I’ve sold several RCs, & some vintage BMX bikes with no issues.

I don’t deal with flakes or kids, meet in a populated area & always have cash in hand BEFORE any test runs or rides!

I watch Facebook Market Place daily for Traxxas & Arrma Terms. Both show under that term depending on what they put in the tags.

I will say and I know there is a joke thread either here or the Arrma Facebook Group about posting dirty cars. I'm sure you know, but post a clean car. Lots of pics. Outside body, inside body, inside chassis, under chassis. Lots of detail.

If a guy posts his car for sale that is filthy car it's probably an indication of the care he took of it. Maybe not always, but likely.

By the way, I just found out about this recently, PayPal now offers a way to list and sell your item using PayPal Sharable Link! It's meant for selling using social media like Facebook platforms. I think you pay the 3% PayPal fee but you and the buyer are protected and you avoid the 10% eBay fee. So if you use Facebook or something similar, you simply post the PayPal link they generate for you, and it has your listing. Just another option to throw on the table...

Hope you sell your stuff!

By the way, I just found out about this recently, PayPal now offers a way to list and sell your item using PayPal Sharable Link! It's meant for selling using social media like Facebook platforms. I think you pay the 3% PayPal fee but you and the buyer are protected and you avoid the 10% eBay fee. So if you use Facebook or something similar, you simply post the PayPal link they generate for you, and it has your listing. Just another option to throw on the table...

Hope you sell your stuff!
Damn I'll definitely look into this now thanks. I wanna put my stuff on sale before the year ends.

One more question for ebay sellers if I may; I'm listing one of my trucks on eBay. It's in mint condition. The buyer has 30 days to ask for a return. What if they return it but the truck is now not in the great condition it originally was, I mean scratches and breaks on the body etc. Do they have to pay me extra for their damages or is it something as a seller I just have to deal with?

Just set it up as 'No Returns, it's your choice want you want to deal with.
Why would you give anyone a 30 day return on a used RC ? Pretty common to not offer anything.

Returns:

Seller does not accept returns

Yeah, I don't offer returns and it hasn't hurt my ability to sell anything RC. If you do offer returns, you can always state something like...

"All returns must be within ____ days and must be unopened, new condition, never operated (etc.). Buyer must pay for return shipping."

...feel free to add anything else to your terms but I've sold mostly all RC stuff and have never accepted returns.

Thanks guys. I went right ahead and changed it to no returns. I only asked because I wasn't sure if it's common in the RC hobby world to offer returns for used stuff. I myself bought a used CEN truck on ebay and then returned it after about a week when I realized I didn't really need another RC lol. I sure was glad that guy offered returns, otherwise I would have an RC truck that I didn't use at all.

OK so I sold my truck on ebay! One more question, when shipping at USPS, do I buy the shipping label there, or do I pay for it on my phone through ebay/paypal, then show them the confirmation (barcode?) at the postal office and they print it for me?

Congrats on selling your item!

If you buy the shipping label through eBay, you'll save money vs going to the post office. I think eBay and Stamps.com offers from 12%-21% savings (depending on shipping service you choose) and this can add up.

I haven't used the barcode/QR code thing yet but apparently this is if you don't have a printer to print out the shipping label. So apparently you just box it up and show the barcode to the carrier and you're done...if it's that simple, that's very cool imo!

Congrats on selling your item!

If you buy the shipping label through eBay, you'll save money vs going to the post office. I think eBay and Stamps.com offers from 12%-21% savings (depending on shipping service you choose) and this can add up.

I haven't used the barcode/QR code thing yet but apparently this is if you don't have a printer to print out the shipping label. So apparently you just box it up and show the barcode to the carrier and you're done...if it's that simple, that's very cool imo!
Thanks. I sold an RC last year but I forgot how this works, but I think I just pay for generating a shipping label and I can print it myself and stick it on the box. Now my biggest challenge will be to buy a box large enough to fit my package in. I could just ship the RC truck in it's own box but I think the person wants it in another box since this will be a gift for his son. I'm gonna try places like Homedepot and Walmart tommorow to see who has the biggest box lol. I did pretty good on my sale too. I knew listing it around Christmas time would be a good idea.

I'm selling an SMT10 Max D. Best thing is he doesn't seem to want the body lol so I might sell that down the line as well. I actually prefer to just sell by mail. I've heard some awful stories of people that sell/buy stuff in person and have gotten robbed or even killed.
Here in NYC, there are locations in/near Police stations and other secure areas as listed for personal sales, like Craigslist etc. They usually have cameras and a sign where to conduct a sale or purchase. A Vid camera is setup to keep all honest.
Thanks. I sold an RC last year but I forgot how this works, but I think I just pay for generating a shipping label and I can print it myself and stick it on the box. Now my biggest challenge will be to buy a box large enough to fit my package in. I could just ship the RC truck in it's own box but I think the person wants it in another box since this will be a gift for his son. I'm gonna try places like Homedepot and Walmart tommorow to see who has the biggest box lol. I did pretty good on my sale too. I knew listing it around Christmas time would be a good idea.
See if you have a Staples office supply store. They have shipping boxes fairly cheap.
See if you have a Staples office supply store. They have shipping boxes fairly cheap.
Packing and shipping is just part of selling anything. ?‍♂️

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up wrapping the stock box with shipping paper rather than buying another box. The second box would have added more weight and about $5 more to shipping. All in all I'm happy with this sale. Shipping was fairly cheap because the guy lived only a couple of hours from where I live, I got a good offer for the truck and I got to keep my upgrade parts which I can now sell for another day lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back