Best motor and esc upgrade for kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi...i am a new user here. I think its more like which motor is better suited for the application.In a heavier car, the 1600kv can run safer on 6s, can be geared up, and generate less heat than the 2000kv motor so that's why most would say 6S/1600. But, geared correctly, you can easily get away with running the 2000kv on 6s.

Hi...i am a new user here. I think its more like which motor is better suited for the application.In a heavier car, the 1600kv can run safer on 6s, can be geared up, and generate less heat than the 2000kv motor so that's why most would say 6S/1600. But, geared correctly, you can easily get away with running the 2000kv on 6s.
This is true. I am pushing the weight limit according to Castle that is right for that 2200 KV motor, which does not help. But they also say that 4s is the sweet spot for that combo, and while I am running 6s, you are right that gearing has a lot to do with it.

I have the Leo 4092 and you will definitely need to drill and tap for 4 MM screws.

No idea why Leopard would sell that big a motor with 3 MM screws.
I am thinking about buying the Leopard 1492 1730kv motor, I see you have done the same thing. I have a question for you. Being that it is longer, do I need to support the rear of the motor? If yes, can I buy a support or make one? Drill and tapping is not a problem for front mount, I do that for my Momba. And is it ok to run in on my Momba monster 2 ESC?

Here's my Leo 4092.
I added the water jacket to the end of the can. Takes a lot of stress off the mounting screws.

kraton-33-jpg.2395

I am thinking about buying the Leopard 1492 1730kv motor, I see you have done the same thing. I have a question for you. Being that it is longer, do I need to support the rear of the motor? If yes, can I buy a support or make one? Drill and tapping is not a problem for front mount, I do that for my Momba. And is it ok to run in on my Momba monster 2 ESC?

Mamba 2 should be fine, i'm running the Nero ESC (Max 8).

I don't have any support but as others Dubbl-A and others have said, it's probably a good idea. I haven't run mine much since the install as it's winter here.

20170128_200442.jpg
Do you have experience with this Combo No Way Im Foubting You. Its Crazy Now but was wondering if you Ran the Combo or have any footage of it.

Thank you very much for the reply

https://arrmaforum.com/threads/modification-of-the-weekend.2021/
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/leopard-4092-dialed-in.2947/
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/leopard-4092-1730kv.2726/

Do you not follow the kraton forum? We have been discussing this for weeks...
The modification of the weekend has been at the top for several weeks.
Tp parts has these in his cars running 6s.
20170128_200442.jpg

View attachment 3617
13t Robinsonracing pinion and stock spur.If your looking for a big increase in power,than go with the 4292( it is heavy).The Leopard use 3mm screws instead of the stock 4mm,with the 4082 i haven't had my spur slip,but with the torque of the 4292 1730kv others have and had to retap the mount holes to 4mm.
If you tap holes to 4mm won't this void your warranty!!

I'm also looking for an upgrade motor for my Outcast. It isn't broken but I want to be prepared when the motor dies on me.

I'm only running 4S and I think using the 1680kv could result in cooler temps, (running bigger pinion to result in the same theoratical speed)
But that way the motor will be running 24864RPM, while the 2200kv motor will be running 32560RPM

Specs of Leopard motors:
LBP4282/V2-3D 2200kv 4S 2200 Watts 120A
LBP4282/V2-3.5D 2000kv 6S 2000 Watts 110A
LBP4282/V2-3.5D 1680kv 6S 1900 Watts 100A

I can't find ratio's at the moment, but to explain my question I can use a calculator for a different car:
HPI Tropy Buggy, spur 50t, tire diameter 110mm
My app says:
15t pinion with 2200kv motor will result in 61km/h (38mph)
19t pinion with 1680kv motor will result in 62km/h (39mph)

What will be the difference in driving characteristics between the two setups?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back