Talion Best motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aahwhatever2

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Hey guys…
This is for the Talion EXB or similar “latest release” trucks.

Not trying to start a trashing thread. I just want to know, who makes the BEST motor mount? I would like to compare/contrast the PPS-RC vs scorched and ?others?

I like the looks of the roto motor mount and how it functions. I also like the grub screw or bottom screw of the other mount, too. Is one style better than the other? Does one hold the mesh of the pinion/spur together over the other, better? What about keeping the motor from hitting the chassis? Is one stronger than the other, in this regard?

They all seem to have similar prices, but I am willing to pay for the one that will have Bette performance.

So, what do you have to say!!??

Thank you for your time!

I only used the PPS, so I can't really compare it with other aftermarket options.

I can say however that it is a stunningly beautiful piece that is very well tought-out and functionally superior to the stock motor mount. I don't really see how anybody could be unsatisfied with it.

Once you replace the crappy button head flanged screws with some nice flanged socket head cap screws, the stock motor mount is great. It doesn't quite have the fine adjustability of the PPS mount and I believe the PPS mount has a higher TTC but otherwise no real reason to spend the money on an aftermarket motor mount. As for cushioning the motor, just build up some rubber strips underneath the motor and that should do the trick.

I only used the PPS, so I can't really compare it with other aftermarket options.

I can say however that it is a stunningly beautiful piece that is very well tought-out and functionally superior to the stock motor mount. I don't really see how anybody could be unsatisfied with it.
I’ll second that PPS on my Kraton. It’s well made, works perfectly no issues very securely holding the mesh. Even that hardest crash and it hasn’t moved.

Said it before, PPS takes pride in their work. Anything i got form them is dead on sweet and functional above all.
But the stocker mount is fine for most 42'ish MM motors. Just replace the Button Head screws for Cap Heads, add 2 washers and you are good.
Like @Engineer said above.

I've had both the PPS and the Scorched. Both are excellent. The Scorched gives the best mesh without question. BUT the PPS is more durable in my opinion. The Scorched is beautiful but the center piece that actually holds the motor needs replacement after numerous pinion changes. There's only a very small hole on the roto section which is used for adjusting the mesh but you also need it to REMOVE the pinion if you want to change gears and this is where it falls a little short. The roto part winds up getting damaged trying to get pinions off and on. No slight to Scorched because overall the mount is excellent and the mesh is very easy to adjust and fine tune. But I've had to replace the roto portion once already after a few months. Its harder to change the gears with the roto part (IMHO).

On the other hand the PPS is set up similar to a regular Arrma mount with enough space to actually screw out grub screws on the pinion. The mesh is better than stock but not as smooth as the Scorched. This is no slight to the PPS because its excellent. I'd say of you bash hard get the PPS cause its a little more sturdy. If you speed run and are looking for the "perfect mesh" get the Scorched. You really cant go wrong with either one...or the stock one either. Like a previous post said just swap those damn button head screws out (button heads are THE WORST and strip the easiest) and your good to go.

Both look pristine...if you're into how your build looks (I am)...LOL. There's nothing more satisfying than looking at your build and being proud of how it "looks" then taking it out to see if the performance matches up with the aesthetics. As a noob this is one of the things I enjoy most about the hobby...building and then testing.

Can’t compare to the other aftermarket options but the pps mount is a gorgeous piece and the adjustment is a breeze.
13A06E15-A438-4DC6-BDA9-46F4C0800689.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back