Kraton Best motor system upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
What is the neediest motor that will fit in the kraton?

People are saying the leopard motors are awesome. Assuming I'm running 6s, will a leopard be alot more powerful than the 2050blx?

Can you use the stock esc with a leopard motor?

I don't like going be hearsay... Unfortunately there seems to be no hard test data out there, no one with a rolling road dyno has bothered compiling and publishing any empirical data.

The speedrunners I've kept tabs on seem to be using mainly tp power motors (TP4070CM)
but thats probably better suited to lighter vehicles. You have quite a bit of space in the Kraton so have a lot of options for bigger diameter and length motors.

You will almost definately need a bigger esc like the hobbywing max5 or castle xlx to power it though... In fact you will get more performance out of your Blx motor with an esc upgrade than upgrading your motor to a monster and keeping the stock esc.

There are a few Kraton motor upgrade threads on here. Heres one.. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/best-motor-and-esc-upgrade-for-kraton.1834/

Without changing the motor mount the diameter is probably the main limiting factor. I have the hobbywing 4985 1650 kv in my v4 Talion. Love it but with the stock motor mount there's literally like 1mm clearance between the motor and the chassis. I actually even have to take three of the 4 screws out of the side guard, and slide that out of the way in order to remove the motor from the sliding motor mount. Plenty of room behind it but it's plenty big for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20191010_213552.jpg
    IMG_20191010_213552.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 56
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back