Best offroad tires for 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinP

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi folks,

So I've been running the Trencher's on my Kraton for a while now and on 6S they balloon mad crazy and the glue would actually come loose after a while haha. Aside from this set of prolines I own a set of SRC belted offroad tires aswell. They are balloon prove but provide a bit less grip and protection against larger jumps.
I'm planning on taping the Trencher's from the inside soonish though.

However I'd like your thoughts on the best tires for high speed use without having to tape or thread them.

Belted tires are pretty rare for monster trucks. However you can find some SRC tires like the Terrain Crushers. They just don't have that much grip compared to the Badlands...

Try 1:5 Wheels like that:
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG

The negative point is that you´ll need a 24mm hex. I did made an adapter from 17mm -> 24mm and homemade nuts.

Backflips are back in stock at Tower. Even though I signed up for email notification, I never got one. Just happened to notice it while looking for something else tonight.

Backflips are back in stock at Tower. Even though I signed up for email notification, I never got one. Just happened to notice it while looking for something else tonight.

Thank you! ORDERED. Love having extra tires. $68 shipped with the coupon code 011T4

WOW, already back ordered.

WOW, already back ordered.
It was kinda weird.....when I noticed they were back in stock, they were listed as "limited quantities". I put off ordering a pair till about a week later and it said nothing about low stock. Then a few days after ordering, it went back to low stock.

Kinda sucks, I ordered mine a week ago and I live about 2 hours from Tower. When I finally got UPS notice, they got sent to PA. Guess they got them re-routed and they'll be here tomorrow.

Thank you! ORDERED. Love having extra tires. $68 shipped with the coupon code 011T4
I thank you for that cause I needed new wheels/tires. My stock setup was shot. 68 bucks for the set. Can't beat that!!

Attachments

• IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 165
How do you like the backflips on the nero vs the stock tires? Looking to possibly get another tire set, stock tires balloon like crazy

How do you like the backflips on the nero vs the stock tires? Looking to possibly get another tire set, stock tires balloon like crazy
The backflips don’t have as mich grip on the pavement due to them being more narrow. They have crazy grip in grass, gravel and mud. I’m waiting for snow and see how they do.
As far as ballooning, they really don’t. I run my nero on 6s all the time and haven’t had any issues. Hope this helps.

I'd be interested to hear your results from snow. Do you feel these balloon less than the stock tires?

Also has it improved cornering at all with the tire being more narrow?

I'd be interested to hear your results from snow. Do you feel these balloon less than the stock tires?

Also has it improved cornering at all with the tire being more narrow?
They absolutely balloon less that the stock tires. Cornering wise, I’d say it’s not as good as the stock tires as there is less surface area. When I run mine on blacktop I usually switch to my stock ones. My one tire has a tear in it but I’ve been running it like that for months. It depends on your application. I think you would really like them. It’s like 68 bucks shipped, if your a tower hobbies super saver member. Can’t go wrong.

They absolutely balloon less that the stock tires. Cornering wise, I’d say it’s not as good as the stock tires as there is less surface area. When I run mine on blacktop I usually switch to my stock ones. My one tire has a tear in it but I’ve been running it like that for months. It depends on your application. I think you would really like them. It’s like 68 bucks shipped, if your a tower hobbies super saver member. Can’t go wrong.
Are you talking about the badlands 3.8?

I've been a big fan of Pro-Line Racing Badlands for years. Badlands have great traction and simply look fantastic with the moto-X tread pattern. 3.8" Badlands (not MX38) are the perfect size for the new Talion (bit larger than the stock Katar tires), and maybe the best choice for this vehicle. I ordered some of these Badlands premounted on 1/2" offset Desperado wheels with a new V3 Talion and should have it all in a couple of days, hopefully? I also wouldn't mind getting a new Kraton. If I did have a Kraton, Dboots Backflips (although I have not tried them) would be my choice, as Backflips also have that awesome Moto-X tread and look like they would be the perfect size for the Kraton.

I asked Pro-line Racing if they possibly have any plans for a (kevlar?) "belted" 3.8" Badlands tire to minimize tire ballooning, etc due to the extreme power of brushless motors and 6S Lipo power now available in so many RC's. Pro-line Racing replied as follows:

quote "We currently do not have any plans to create a belted 3.8 tire however we are in the process with coming out with a different style of 3.8 wheel and tire that will work much better on the high power systems." unquote

Not sure what this means, but it does sound interesting....

While driveing my Fazone with Backflips, half the foam came out of one of the front tires. This after only around 4-5 hours of driving time. To their defence most of those times was around freezing temperature or just above, but I was abit disappointed.

Im thinking of using 1/8 buggy tires with plastic disc like Pro-Line 1/8 Badlands XTR All Terrain Buggy Tires but I guess the weight of the Fazon will be an issue and break the wheels...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back