Kraton Best Option for Tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
I’m over the copperheads which balloon a lot and keep blowing out on me. Looks like the backflips are the most popular option. Anything else really good you guys think I should consider? This is for dirt, off-road and full sends so don’t want to add a lot of weight. Thanks

I’m intrigued. What do you like about them
Lightweight, no ballooning, great grip on dirt/grass/gravel. The mounted ones have 0 offset so they make the kraton a little more narrow if you like that. The only downside is poor air control because they are so light.

I’ll chime in and say backflip LPs before others do even though I’ve never ran them. Same awesomeness of the backflips but low profile so less ballooning but slightly less air control.

I run backflip MT's on 3 of my 6S trucks and LP's on my maxx (also 6S). I wrap them to help avoid blowouts. If I ran my stock kraton tires, I'd wrap those too, but I had a spare set of backflips already wrapped when I got it and I just put the stock tires on the shelf for later.

I use 550lb cored kevlar cord. One wrap and a long 4 wrap single knot. Get it down in the trenches between the knobs, pull the knot snug, adjust the cord again, pull the knot snug. Once I'm happy with how the cord is laying, I glue the entire knot, then put a drop of glue every other lug or so to hold it to the tire.

In the photo, the usb cord is just to show the kind of knot I use. The upper right is a backflip MT and where I'd put the drops of glue to glue the cord to the tire. Lower right shows a finished tire after it's been used for a while showing the knot that's glued. Bottom right is a trencher tire I used both 4 wraps of 70lb and 1 wrap of 550lb that I switched to. The 70lb would get cut and break more easily. The 550lb holds up for a long time. If you run in grass/skateparks (not rocks), it holds up for a year or more, or it does for me.

I typically use AKA tire glue. It's thinner and dries fast.

This is the cord I use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AZBSI0M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

2021-0920-tireWrapExamplesCombined.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back