Best overall LIPO 3s battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I have purchased several battery’s and none of them proved to be that good. Any advice on the best LIPO 3s battery?

Best for your money?
Best for long run times?
Best for highest power output?
Best for durability?

Best for high quality cells and most power output on the market is Turnigy Graphene Panther:
(this is 6s packs, but same quality results for 3s packs)
LiPo ONE YEAR TESTING SUMMARY.jpg

I have purchased several battery’s and none of them proved to be that good. Any advice on the best LIPO 3s battery?
My bet is your charger or storage routine is to blame here. What are the issues you’ve had with your Lipos?

I’m having some trouble with the battery run time, each battery only gives me about 20 minutes of time.
Thanks rkj_!
Thank you Jon!

I’m having some trouble with the battery run time, each battery only gives me about 20 minutes of time.
Haha that’s good runtime. Especially if you drive it like you stole it. Or if running in grass.

20-25 mins of hard run time is pretty average I would say. You can get larger capacity batteries, but the trade off is higher weight which will cause more motor heat and potential breakages during hard landings etc...

The coldest I have ever ran my car was -10.

The coldest I have ever ran my car was -10.
-10 (I’m assuming Celsius) is very cold for a Lipo battery. If your lipo is that cold, I’m surprised you got 20 mins of runtime.

No such animal exists.

What battery packs do you use?
I use Gens and Venom

I have a variety. My favorites are the Turnigy Panther Graphene, but those are really big, heavy, and expensive. I will use them in my Typhon 6s only. I also have some SMC and Reaction packs that work well. The Reaction have better runtimes, but again heavy and expensive compared to the SMC. My issue with my SMC is they are swollen. They still work fine and hold a good charge tho. I also have an Ovonics 3S and a gensacearespammers 2S that don’t get ran. No use for them other than let kids run my rigs. But that’s not often.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back