Best overall LIPO 3s battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your recommendations.
I was thinking of purchasing a Smart Technology battery as they are made by Spektrum.

Best for your money?
Best for long run times?
Best for highest power output?
Best for durability?

Best for high quality cells and most power output on the market is Turnigy Graphene Panther:
(this is 6s packs, but same quality results for 3s packs.

Oh wow!.. Glad to see that I was on the right track with the Graphenes and my own suspicions confirmed by some real data. Also great to learn what other Lipos I should be trying.

That table is really interesting, thanks for posting.

Oh wow!.. Glad to see that I was on the right track with the Graphenes and my own suspicions confirmed by some real data. Also great to learn what other Lipos I should be trying.

That table is really interesting, thanks for posting.
Credit goes to @slick2500 as he shared it on this forum first. Glad to share it again

If they are legit Graphene plated, there is a benefit so they say. I cannot confirm either way. But tend to be slightly heavier. Weight weenies need not apply. Graph. are mo $$$$. I have a set of Yoowoo Graphenes (HRB rebrand) 3s's for my Limi. Construction is superb and best I've seen in any softpack lipo. But that alone, doesn't mean it is better than the next. My observation.

Here’s a side by side TGP vs SMC

E6560B3C-65F6-485C-AC23-2F681DCCD3F7.jpeg

That is one big ass Lipo Jondilly. What do you think of it? Does it fit in your Typhon without any mods?

I meant Fahrenheit.
I also usually get around 25 minutes in summer.
Lipo batteries do not work well at temps below 14*f their performance really degrades and it can even cause damage to the battery. I wish I could remember where I read that but I do remember they had a bunch of other tips for getting the best performance out of your lipos iirc ideal temp is between 60 and 80*f.

Lipo batteries do not work well at temps below 14*f their performance really degrades and it can even cause damage to the battery. I wish I could remember where I read that but I do remember they had a bunch of other tips for getting the best performance out of your lipos iirc ideal temp is between 60 and 80*f.
I agree. Safe storage temps for lipos are fine at certain extreme temps. But the operating temps should be adhered to in a perfect world. But we still need to bash. If ambients are below or at freezing, its a no go for lipo use. Chemistry wise.

I agree. Safe storage temps for lipos are fine at certain extreme temps. But the operating temps should be adhered to in a perfect world. But we still need to bash. If ambients are below or at freezing, its a no go for lipo use. Chemistry wise.
In a perfect world it would be sunny and 70* all day every day ?

At freezing temps, shorter runs out of lipos might prevent the risk of shattering plastics. Its a win win.:ROFLMAO:
I cant wear gloves when I bash. I tried. So my fingers usually get frozen before the pack runs out. :)
When Crawling, I can wear gloves ironically. A different animal

Its only me or when i charge my lipos at 4.20v per cell when i take them off they drop to 4.17 avg. my baterry is a 4000mah 40c i have like 20-25mins i would want more but i have yet to decide what brand i should go for the money
At freezing temps, shorter runs out of lipos might prevent the risk of shattering plastics. Its a win win.:ROFLMAO:
I cant wear gloves when I bash. I tried. So my fingers usually get frozen before the pack runs out. :)
Did you try the small gloves? Like not the big ones who are rated -40 degres its weird but its acceptable for bashing in snow when i did

Same for me. Bashing in the cold sucks but trailing is pretty fun, sometimes you need cleets though.

Its only me or when i charge my lipos at 4.20v per cell when i take them off they drop to 4.17 avg. my baterry is a 4000mah 40c i have like 20-25mins i would want more but i have yet to decide what brand i should go for the money

Did you try the small gloves? Like not the big ones who are rated -40 degres its weird but its acceptable for bashing in snow when i did
I tried many gloves. When I bash the faster rigs I don't feel connected and precise with my trigger and wheel. I drive like a newb. Thin gloves feel colder than no gloves for some reason. Gloves don't work for me. Trailing is different. I can trail for hours with gloves. Like last week in a snow storm My son and I walked for a few miles with our Crawlers. That was fun. Trailing in a concrete jungle for blocks and blocks. 4 inches of snow. Coming down heavy. I wore my hat cam.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back