Big Rock Best Pinion Gear For Speed Runs???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Have a big rock and granite and wondering what size pinion gear people are running to get a good speed run without overloading the motor. Not looking to get it overly hot. I plan on running a street tire as well. Thanks

Hmm well for speed runs I would say a 17-20 t pinion…with the speed tires are they bigger then the stock ones or smaller or about the same size? Adding bigger or smaller tires will increase the heat

Hmm well for speed runs I would say a 17-20 t pinion…with the speed tires are they bigger then the stock ones or smaller or about the same size? Adding bigger or smaller tires will increase the heat
Smaller tires will not increase heat. Smaller tires will act the same as a smaller pinion gear.....less heat.

What tires? That makes a huge difference. Also, when people say “speed run” that implies overloading the motor and adding lots of heat. The idea is to push your car to the limit of breaking.

Now if you want to be able to just rip around a paved surface, that’s street bashing or hooning. Way different thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back