Mojave Best pinion/gearing brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobs1811

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on what pinion Mod1/spur gearing brand is best? Are the other brands any better than the Arrma gears?
Looked at: Arrma, GDS, Robinson Racing, HR, Tekno, Saga

I'm in the UK and we only have Arrma and GDS pinions available in the UK but don't mind purchasing from US if the other brands are better.
thanks

I’m also wondering the same. I have 2 tekno mod1’s on the way to me to try. I’m trying them cause of the larger grub screws in them. I’ll post when I have any info, but not sure when they will arrive. Will be at least after the 12th

I’m also wondering the same. I have 2 tekno mod1’s on the way to me to try. I’m trying them cause of the larger grub screws in them. I’ll post when I have any info, but not sure when they will arrive. Will be at least after the 12th
Robinson racing hardened pinions is my go to👍🏻👍🏻
Yeah also looked at the Tekno pinions due to the larger grub screw. Do you know the size of the grub screw for the Robinson racing hardened pinions?
I've used Robinson Racing pinions from the US and RW pinions in the UK. Both are more hard wearing than the Arrma ones as they don't seem as soft. I personally prefer the RW ones as they're a bit lighter

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index....ryID=992050&ManufacturerID=48&CategoryID=9920
Haven't heard of the RW pinions...will have a look at them (much cheaper than the Arrma pinions). Do you know the grub size for them?
You have any experience with GDS pinions?

Last edited:
I've had good luck with both Robinson's and Tekno, but about 80% of my pinions are Tekno. Excellent quality.

s

Due to scarcity, I have been running Traxxas mod1 hardened steel pinions. I bought a few because they were a fantastic deal at 1/3 the cost of the eternally backordered D-safe pinions. No problems, normal wear pattern, still tight. Best of all, they are available.

Yeah also looked at the Tekno pinions due to the larger grub screw. Do you know the size of the grub screw for the Robinson racing hardened pinions?

Haven't heard of the RW pinions...will have a look at them (much cheaper than the Arrma pinions). Do you know the grub size for them?
I believe they are 2mm

The mod 1 pinions have a 2mm grub screw. I have one GDS pinion but I've never use it. I bought it accidentally. Looks and feels ok though

Would like to try Tekno, used RR for awhile.

Any problems with the RR pinions? I think the plus for the Tekno pinions are that they use M5 grubs instead of M4...not sure about quality wise between the two otherwise.
Never had Tekno so don't know any differences, but the Robinson gears work for me, used them for years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back