Outcast Best pinion to run in Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
is the 16t ok to run for bashing also? Is there a happy medium between the 12 and 16t. Also what's a good aftermarket pinion to get that's stronger than an arrma pinion. Part numbers would be appreciated!

The highest you can without overheating :p
There is a pinion for about every tooth from like 10t to 22t from Arrma, but you could try Tekno pinions if you want another brand. They have from 11t to 30t :p

is the 16t ok to run for bashing also? Is there a happy medium between the 12 and 16t. Also what's a good aftermarket pinion to get that's stronger than an arrma pinion. Part numbers would be appreciated!
I've run the 16 tooth almost since day 1 on 6s, awesome fun, no heat issues to speak of. Robinson Racing Extra Hard, #1216.

I run a 15 tooth Tekno mod 1 pinion on mine. Not much difference between that and a 16 tooth. No overheating and good speed and torque

I have a 14 in mine. I think your driving style will determine how hot you get. My motor was getting too hot with the 16 tooth. I tried it on both the 185 motor and the blx200. You'll just have to try it and see how hot you get. For me the 14 tooth is still wildly fast.

Monitor your motor Temps with IR heat gun after a good run. Try to stay under 180 max temp. Each tooth you step down will probably lower temp about 10 degrees. The one you end up with will depend on your conditions and driving. Robinson Racing extra hard is the way to go. Part number 12XX depending on tooth number.

Run the tenko 17t bashing havnt had any real issues besides shock eyelets from over shooting a couple jumps but we all kno it happens from time to time with this beast but I've got that problem solved and havnt lost one in 4 bash sessions with plenty of bad landings but the eyelets held strong everytime

Robinson Racing 12&16T

I'm about to order a new pinion. Do I need to know how big the motor shaft is before ordering one or is it a standard size? The Robinson Racing looks like what I want. Have you had any issues with it? And did you use red or blue locktite? The blue didn't hold up for me and I filled the set screw hole before inserting the set screw.

I'm running a Tekno 15t (147*max motor temps) and am thinking about throwing a 17 tooth in there just too see

Screenshot_20180515-160741_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20180515-160708_eBay.jpg

So these are my best options?

What's the good starting point for 4S running where you get the most speed you can without overheating? Running at skate parks and occasional shorter grass areas.

Id start with the 16 tooth it came with for speed runs. My motor doesn't get hot at all on 4s. And I mainly run in short grass and in the woods.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back