Kraton Best place/site for replacement screws??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup 😊 just cleaned them out earlier and now the whole thing is for rocks and supplies. Filled one drawer with a batch of amethyst I just finished. Others will fill up over the coming months while I’m learning to make jewelry and other artsy crap out of them. My stepdaughter and wife love it and I do as well. The kid and I spend time most days searching for good rocks while we RC. The two hobbies go hand in hand I’m finding.
Thread 'Rock hounding and tumbling (Not RC related)'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rock-hounding-and-tumbling-not-rc-related.56772/

FD52A29E-17E0-45D5-B1F4-028255BCEA53.jpeg

8C972401-C8B8-4547-99AE-0C3180019932.jpeg

Yup 😊 just cleaned them out earlier and now the whole thing is for rocks and supplies. Filled one drawer with a batch of amethyst I just finished. Others will fill up over the coming months while I’m learning to make jewelry and other artsy crap out of them. My stepdaughter and wife love it and I do as well. The kid and I spend time most days searching for good rocks while we RC. The two hobbies go hand in hand I’m finding.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rock-hounding-and-tumbling-not-rc-related.56772/

View attachment 259115

View attachment 259116
I have a similar tool box lol
I really wanted the larger sized one but I cannot find them anymore.

1669687869529.jpeg

Monster bolts has a website now https://monsterbolts.com/
These guys are my go to for screws, most of them cost less than 15 cents each as long as you order them in quantities of 50.
The most common sizes are M3x10, M3x12, M3x16 and M3x20.
Thanks this site is exactly what I was looking for!!

View attachment 259115

View attachment 259116
That is honestly super interesting. My wife is a pisces and her birth stone is amethyst. Is that some stone buffing wheel computer the green thing? So neat.

I have a similar tool box lol
I really wanted the larger sized one but I cannot find them anymore.

View attachment 259121
Maybe you can find it cheaper in pink 😂😂😂 it was originally for my granddaughter but she never used it. Now it’s full of all of my soldering stuff.
It’s a rock tumbler but not a harbor freight one. Those are literal crap and all the ones similar that go for 50 to 90 bucks on eBay and Amazon. Mine is from a company called Wire Jewelry and they’re supposed to be pretty good for $129. The best brands are Thumbler and Lorton and those costs hundreds of dollars. Next year I plan on getting a 15 pound barrel Thumbler. They are like a small cement mixer, it’s great. I’ve done a lot of research over this year and started that thread because I like to share new interests and stuff.

View attachment 259115

View attachment 259116
When I 1st glanced @ the pic of the green rock tumbler I thought you'd attached wheels to it!😆

That is honestly super interesting. My wife is a pisces and her birth stone is amethyst. Is that some stone buffing wheel computer the green thing? So neat.
Nice! So is my step daughter which is why I got two pounds of it to tumble lol. It’s a Wire Jewelry dual barrel (3lbs per side) tumbler. From my research it’s the best one I could find, with well built with a strong motor, in the $100-150 range (it’s $129).
**PM me your address and I’ll send you two some amethysts** it took 7 some odd weeks and I’m really happy how they turned out. Check out my thread on all this. It’s been a fun learning experience.
When I 1st glanced @ the pic of the green rock tumbler I thought you'd attached wheels to it!😆
😂Yeah my rc stuff is rebelling at being pushed out. It’s a bit jumbled together right now. I need to reorganize it all but still need a few weeks to finish healing.

I've bought some random kits that have served me well from Amazon and Ebay. Quality probably isn't fantastic, but for random screws that you lose during building/repairing things it's super handy.
Amazon has some kits that come 50 for each length.I usually buy all cap head screws. M3 and M4 screws cover the entire truck

image.jpg

image.jpg

Radiocontrolpower has individual screws. 25x for like $3.50

The nicest thing about those kits is it helps you learn what screws you will need the most. I have so many m3x6 and m3x8 screws it's not funny.
Oh yeah and the cases are great for storing screws that you do need.

Got so many tools and screws in sizes that I will never use.
Yes, learn what you need most and just reorder those from ebay. A lot cheaper.
Arrma really only needs one M3 screw length (25mm) once you know your way around, drill those silly diffs deeper and you will never have issues again.
If in doubt, buy longer and have one of these handy. Just an example for a screw cutter.
https://www.amazon.com/8PK-CT009-Multi-Purpose-Pliers-Crimping-Stripper/dp/B072TZ6JBG

Been online several times trying to find screws or screw kits for Kraton, Outcast etc.. I don't want to pay 1 or 2 dollars a piece cuz that's ridiculous. Not interested in stainless especially RCscrewZ. I'm not even sure what sizes to get M3/M4/M5...10mm-20mm-30mm? I have found some random sizes hear and there but nothing in "bulk" or in variety assortments. Mainly screws for chassis/bulkheads, long wing mount screws, some shorter button head screws for suspension and random places. I have gone to arrma's exploded view to find out what exactly I need but it's soooooo tedious and a pain in the a$$! Thnx.
Jennysrc

Arrma Screw sizes in mm. are actually located within their respective Part numbers, easily decipered if you look at the numbers very closely.
I also go with JennysRC Take Off hardware kits.
I buy Husky divided parts containers, and order the Stock Hardware kits from JennysRC.
Arrma 6s rigs use 12.9 grade YFS Taiwan brand hardware. I like these stocker screws best. Branding and grade are usualy stamped into this hardware, if you look closely.
FWIW, Arrma 4x4 platforms only get 10.9 grade steel screws. Less strong. The Cheaper hardware for the lower priced 4x4 line. Not many know this. It's not published Arrma info.
Food for thought.
If outsourcing screws elsewhere, make sure they are at least 12.9 grade hardware. How I fly. There is much garbage out there. Know what you are buying.
Always need spare fasteners in this hobby. They bend, strip, and the hexes rust out eventually. Your mileage will vary. :cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back