Best race machine ?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdog3890

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Notorious
What is the best race machine to get any brand ? Looking to get me a something to race with ?

Class? Scale? That’s like asking what is the best desert to eat

Here is a chart to show you the cost of 1/8 buggy kits compared to the cost of parts just so you have an idea about the different brands. Do note that brands like Arrma, Losi(not TLR theres a bit of a difference between a Losi and a Team Losi vehicle) and Hobao might not be the best for racing. And this is in EUR not USD. sauce
041DFDFC-825E-4976-A400-C044F1531854 (1).jpeg

What is the best race machine to get any brand ? Looking to get me a something to race with ?

It depends on where you’re planning to race.
What size? 1/8, 1/10, 1/12 ?
Outdoor/indoor. Off road/on road/carpet.
Most clubs/tracks will have their own rules and requirements that you’ll need to go along with.
There are 2 clubs within an hour of me, both race 1/12, indoor on carpet. That’s definitely not my scene.

Far as type of vehicle, it's mostly personal preference (I like truggies for example) but if you want to be able to race at the most venues without issue, almost every single track has a 4wd buggy and both 2wd/4wd sct classes and the drivers to fill them.
Not all tracks will have some of the more rare class like Stadium trucks for example.

I just finished building a Mugen MBX8 ECO buggy to run at my local outdoor off-road 1/8 clay track where I’ve been running my Talion V3 and Typhon V3 in club races. I ran it around the house a little today and it is surprising how different it feels vs my Typhon. The suspension is very similar to the Arrma design so I chose it based on that plus there’s several guys in the club running them as well.

I just finished building a Mugen MBX8 ECO buggy to run at my local outdoor off-road 1/8 clay track where I’ve been running my Talion V3 and Typhon V3 in club races. I ran it around the house a little today and it is surprising how different it feels vs my Typhon. The suspension is very similar to the Arrma design so I chose it based on that plus there’s several guys in the club running them as well.

We have a few Mugen guys at our track as well. They are great vehicles for sure!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back