Talion Best rc charger able to charge 6500 mah 6s of Hobbystar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUGO .R

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi everibody, i want to buy an charger able to charge 6s 6500 mah Hobbystar lipos.
What´s the best ?
Thanks

Not expensive

How many will you be charging at one time?

You want something that can do 200w per channel, minimum. 400w would better, as it would let you do a 2c/half hour charge (assuming your batteries are good with 2c charging)

I've been hearing a lot of good about the ISDT brand chargers recently. They have a AC/DC 200w X2 charger for about $140 USD. Seems like a great price for a decent amount of power.
https://www.banggood.com/ISDT-D2-20...Balance-Charger-p-1143529.html?rmmds=category

Also check out this setup -
I'm loving this new setup.

SMC 12 volt / 900 watt / 75 amp Power Supply
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Power-S...Amp-DC-900w-/172175901238?txnId=1914975302007

ISDT 6Q Plus 300 watt 14 amp smart charger
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ISDT-Q6-Pl...e-LiHv-NIMH-/132237288537?txnId=1512892457003

Venom 6s 5000mah 50c charged from storage to balance charged in 38 minutes @ 1C

Total cost: $126.53 plus misc. soldering/wiring/connectors

View attachment 22737
from this post -
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/page-8#post-80224

As shown, it only gives a single channel for charging - but 300w of power. Also, it gives you the option of adding one or two more of the 6Q chargers as needed. Would be easy to use Velcro to mount the charger to the top of the power supply, to make a single item for the tool box.

I researched different chargers and power supply setups for the better part of a month, looking at quality, cost per watt, and available features before finally deciding on the 900w SMC power supply and iSDT Q6+ charger.

Very impressed with the power this thing puts out and how easy it is to use. The only possible complaints that I have found (not an issue for me but could be for someone else) is the fan noise, and that it doesn't give you the traditional options for "fast charge", "charge" and "balance charge". Once you connect the battery it already knows what type of battery and cell count, all you have to do is choose between Charge, Storage or Discharge, then pick the amperage you want given the task at hand. When you choose "Charge" it starts normally and then once it charges to 98%, beeps to alert you that the battery has reached "Fast Charge Completion". At that point you would have to manually stop the charging process if fast charging was your goal. If you do nothing, the charger will continue the charging process and beep again when regular "charge complete". Again if you don't manually stop the charging process it then moves into balance charging. Once all cells are balanced and each has settled at 4.20 the charger beeps to alter you that "balance charging complete".

Last edited:
After reading and watching several reviews I decided on a
HOTA D6 PRO Charger AC200W DC650W 15A
LiveRC News Announcement

Apparently it's the original maker and is also sold as

Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro

I got mine as a preorder special for $99 and it arrived in three days from PiroDrone / PiroFlip. He sells it now for $129 which is still less than the $150 average for the Hobbymate (exact same product.)

I highly recommend this AC/DC charger even over ISDT. I have several ISDT products and found this charger to have a few more features and power capabilities in same class comparison. Check reviews for the Hobbymate and apply as it is more popular at that brand. I think anyone would be impressed. Pair it with a solid power supply for DC and good to go.

After reading and watching several reviews I decided on a
HOTA D6 PRO Charger AC200W DC650W 15A
LiveRC News Announcement

Apparently it's the original maker and is also sold as
Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro

I got mine as a preorder special for $99 and it arrived in three days from PiroDrone / PiroFlip. He sells it now for $129 which is still less than the $150 average for the Hobbymate (exact same product.)

I highly recommend this AC/DC charger even over ISDT. I have several ISDT products and found this charger to have a few more features and power capabilities in same class comparison. Check reviews for the Hobbymate and apply as it is more popular at that brand. I think anyone would be impressed. Pair it with a solid power supply for DC and good to go.
Dang, even on ac that thing is a nice charger for the price, yet alone running it on DC. It even has wireless charging for your phone built in :cool: How many volts do you need to hit the 650w though?

Looks nice, please keep us posted on your thoughts once you've had time to use it for a bit.
Will do. I'm not as versed and hope someone can teach me more about this charger and battery chem in general. I understand what good specs are though and have watched reviews with instruction..
The power supply I'm looking at is from SMC. I trust their packs and sent an email just yesterday asking if I should pair their PS with my new charger.
From what I'm reading, I think this is a good choice and will perform at 12v for me? Any suggestions of something better?
Power Supply 85 Amp/ 1025 Watt Product Code: 85APS

Dang, even on ac that thing is a nice charger for the price, yet alone running it on DC. It even has wireless charging for your phone built in :cool: How many volts do you need to hit the 650w though?
Well, I don't know. :confused: I hope someone can teach me though. lol.
The wireless charger function can be turned on and off. I tried it and it performed equal to any, I guess.
I've used it four times to charge a single 6s at a time and at 1c. I like the software and I like the size of it. Doesn't come with any wire adaptors etc. AC cord, and charger and tiny booklet for instruction.
I found a manual pretty quick and it's extensive and nice imo. Worth reading for me.

Also check out this setup -

from this post -
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/page-8#post-80224

As shown, it only gives a single channel for charging - but 300w of power. Also, it gives you the option of adding one or two more of the 6Q chargers as needed. Would be easy to use Velcro to mount the charger to the top of the power supply, to make a single item for the tool box.
What is the purpose of powersupply? I have purchased one from venom and it is a AC/DC charger

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back