Notorious Best RC Fun Day to date!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
HAPPY LABOR DAY MONDAY EVERYONE!! 😁

As a lot of you also experience the solitude of RCing when there's really no one nearby that shares your same passion, you can relate to my excitement when I was able to drag my little brother away from the wifey and kids for a day of RCing!! :LOL::LOL::p

We had a blast Saturday testing out my first true speed run with the Terps Typhon (yeah, that didn't last long at all! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:). Getting some airtime with the Noto6s on the now extinct TBR ramp, along with attempts to jump it over the trampoline net and onto the trampoline (after a few beers! :ROFLMAO:🍻) Then ended the day with some SCTs on my track. It was an awesome day and with lots of excitement and little damage! 👍🤘 Had some Coronas and smoke and was feelin' great!! (Coronas started as a result of the Terps Typhon crash.-😂)

I went ahead and just put all the vids and photos from the day into one vid. No music this time as there are some funny moments, especially attempts at the trampoline jump and wifey bringing me a refill at the track! 👍😍😁

So let's jump into each session.......

6s Terps Typhon 1st ever speed run. 46T/26T-stock motor and esc on some beat up Hoons
1st off, please no judging or lecturing. 😉 I am a rookie at speed runs and 100% understand my mistake. Also, in my excitement I did not ensure that the Go-Pro was mounted at the correct angle on my head so the video sucks, as you can barely see the impact, but you can hear it! Another lesson learned! 🤦‍♂️

My brother had just gotten there, I was messing with the trim for a few minutes, I live on a rural road that is just a loop off a main road with 4 houses on it, no one is ever on the road-unless it's a delivery truck or a neighbor so the worst thing to happen would have been hitting a groundhog, squirrel, deer, circus clown or a small woodland fairy (Or a stopped car as it turns out 😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️). I was stoked and so excited to get my 1st pass in.......a little too excited! 😒 Well, like my momma always said, "Make sure you look both ways before running your RC in the street". 😂

So I was coming down the street, both my bro and I had our eyes on the rig and as soon as it passed me and I turned right, there was my neighbor sitting in the middle of the street in their car. She said she saw us but not the RC and wasn't sure what was going on, so they stopped. Next thing you know BAM! the front left tire of the Typhon hit the front tire of the 1:1! The RC tire got stuck/jammed under the 1:1's tire and the rest of the rig split off and was thrown to the yard. If it was a little bit to the left it would have destroyed a heck of a lot more. If it was way to the left it would have gone under the car. My neighbor was apologizing over and over, and I kept telling her it was totally my fault. No damage at all to her car. The funniest thing was when I asked, "Could you back up a little so I can get my tire from under your tire"? 😶‍🌫️🤣🤣😂 It was too funny and all good! The GPS survived and showed it was at 49mph when it hit the tire! PB for me and was only on 3/4 of the throttle! 🤣😂 And it survived the crash! I was just disappointed I didn't even get a few passes in with it. But I have all the parts I need to fix it, so again, it's all good! 👍😁✌️

Noto6s on TBR Ramp-Airtime Baby!!
So, this was a freakin' blast. We took turns launching and recording vid. My brother's 1st time with the Noto6s and also jumping anywhere near what we were doing. So, it was fun schooling him on how to control it and him getting all excited when he got high enough to really feel the control in the air! He was all smiles! I already was! :p Got some great pics and vids. I gotta try it at the end of the driveway because the ramp is so narrow, the grass does not help at all with lining up and getting speed. Had to sit on my knees a few times for a better level view! 😂

Getting creative, I decided to try and jump the Noto over the trampoline net and into the trampoline. The 1st 2 attempts were very sad, but funny! I couldn't get the right speed or line up from the side I was trying it on. Moved the ramp to another side that was flatter and, on the 3rd, overall try,-BOOM! made it in! That was so much fun! I am now planning on finding other items to jump over/into!! 👍😂

I didn't have time to cut the grass, but it wasn't too bad. Man, I love this portable ramp. Since they are out of business now and I love the portability and adjustability of these ramps, I think I am going to attempt to make a few, different sizes. If it's a success, maybe I'll pull a @N.Mango and do some kind of contest here for someone to win one! Another winter project! 😉 And as far as I can see, only broke the body posts-again landing on lid too much! 😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️👍 (it was all my brother-not me! I swear! ;):p)

Senton 3s, P.O.S. Redcat SCT, Traxxas 2wd 3s on my track-"Dirtyburg" (still trying out names....I live in Smithsburg and the track is dirt? 🤔🤷‍♂️)
Had fun on the track. It was dry and dusty as hell, so we were having a heck of a time trying not to slide all over the place. I also did not have enough time to properly get it ready, so it was not in tip-top shape. I wet it down earlier, but it just kept drying too quick. The Senton did awesome, as always. The Slash did great as well. The P.O.S. Redcat SCT I got on the cheap, stopped working after about 5 mins. I've put a new servo, diff oils and tires on it, but do not want to put much, if any more $$ into it. It was just a "guest" car for the track. I guess the next Arrma stock esc/motor I remove I'll try to slap in the Redcat. We drove 'em around a while freestyle, had a few races that were a blast and a few games of tag-which we were laughing like crazy during! So much fun!! 👍😁 Even had the wifey bringing me a refill!!

Ok, sorry for the suspense. Grab your popcorn, turn up your volume and enjoy the show!! :happy:🙃😝

You both quietly were startled.. "oh" x2, like where did the car come from!!🤣
RIGHT!?!?! 😂 :ROFLMAO:
Looks like you have quite a few ROTM still shots to choose from as well.
Yeah, but usually the fancy painted ones win. :rolleyes: I'm hoping to get at least a nomination in @Notorious J "What did you break all star of the month" contest!! 👍 😁 😂 :unsure:

Awesome video. Entertainment at its finest! I like the "trampoline laugh" the best:ROFLMAO:

(for the record I got the idea of doing contest from another member who gave away a lifetime membership. Sorry I forgot who did that)
Yeah, I remember seeing that too, but can't remember either.

He-he... that's my "I got a nice buzz" laugh! 😂

Lol my first crash was a typhon into a parked car tire rofl 🤣. I was so scared of trying to fix it. Sure feels good when you figure it out and get it back up and zooming tho. You're awesome bro and funny video! 🤣

Lol my first crash was a typhon into a parked car tire rofl 🤣. I was so scared of trying to fix it. Sure feels good when you figure it out and get it back up and zooming tho. You're awesome bro and funny video! 🤣
Thanks man!! It wasn't a big ole wall in a parking lot though! 😂 ✌️ Bwhahahaha!!

The track is looking real good! Nice vid thanks for sharing it got me wanting to go wake up a few of the MT's.
Thanks!! My pleasure! ;)
I think I have my plan for the final track extension in the Spring. Gonna have a small bridge and options to move some pipes and have a big ole dirt oval track!!! Cant wait!! :LOL:

Thanks!! My pleasure! ;)
I think I have my plan for the final track extension in the Spring. Gonna have a small bridge and options to move some pipes and have a big ole dirt oval track!!! Cant wait!! :LOL:

If I had more property I'd be doing the same damn thing. So cool.

Aww man...I must have been way too excited yesterday. I am storage charging my batts right now and realized I only had a 4s in the Terps Typhon (don't ask 😶‍🌫️). Awwwww man....can't wait to get it back out with the 6s!! Did have to order new hub blocks from Jennys as the pivot-ball retainer plug threads in the plastic were stripped out. I'll make sure to look both ways multiple times next time!! 🤦‍♂️ :LOL: 😂 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back