Talion Best rc model for jumping ramps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abh16

Reaction score
Which of the arrma rc models would be the most suitable for only jumping off backyard ramps? Big air, controllable, withstand big landings, etc.
Or am I better off with a 3s 1/10 model since it's cheaper to fix and just as fast in a small space?

Depends on the size of your yard. My noto6s is unusable on my 1/3 acre lot. I can barely run my big rock on it.

I'd pick talion after trying a kraton, notorious and typhon on my ramp. Talion feels the easiest and most stable imo.

Edit: Just want to clarify when I said talion I meant with backflip lp tires. The stock tires suck for jumps.

Last edited:
Depends. How big a backyard are we talking about? Do you prefer stable flight or lots of flips and stunt variations?

If it's purely big air. A 6s Typhon. The light weight and aerodynamic profile flies furthest. But the narrower width makes it twist much more easily if your takeoffs aren't straight, which can end up badly. Unless you have a really big backyard, I don't think this is what you're looking for.

If it's big air with stable flight. A Talion or Kraton. The long wheelbase and wide width make them both very stable in the air. With the bigger tires, the Kraton will have better air control for flips and tricks. But with the lighter tires and lower profile, the Talion will fly further.

For flips and stunt variations, a Granite or an Outcast/Notorious. The Outcast/Notorious has 6s power for bigger jumps, better launch, especially in rougher conditions and with limited run up space. The Granite is lighter, doesn't require such drastic power to flip, so it's not as twitchy to control in the air. The Big Rock is also an option. Won't flip as easily as a Granite but will be more stable and easier to control. I love my Granite. I think it has the best air control for stunts second only to the Tekno MT 410. It won't fly as far as the 6s models, but for a backyard, it may be perfect. Off an 18" high ramp, I'm able to get these jumps:

Also check out videos from Rich D (no, he's not Duperdash.) He has some great backyard jump videos. His RC's of choice are the Granite, Traxxas Maxx (V1), and Outcast/Notorious.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back