Granite Best replacement esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nbuck412

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Looking for input on a new esc for my granite blx. I do not want the blx100, it’s been nothing but problems so far. If you have changed you esc to something different please let me know what you have changed to, ease of install and how you like the esc. TIA!

I used the BLX120 in mine for a while now. Not sure if you’re running 2S or not, but the other BLX ESCs above the BLX100 won’t run on 2S or NiMH mode.

A Max10SCT seems to be a popular option, but I haven’t used one. It’s essentially a BLX120 with a lot more tuning options.

I had the xr8 sct pro in mine. 2-4s capable. I ran a 4268 2150kv motor in the granite too. Loads better than the stock setup. The xr8 is not waterproof though.

I used the BLX120 in mine for a while now. Not sure if you’re running 2S or not, but the other BLX ESCs above the BLX100 won’t run on 2S or NiMH mode.

A Max10SCT seems to be a popular option, but I haven’t used one. It’s essentially a BLX120 with a lot more tuning options.
I was unaware you couldn’t run 2s on the 120 I am glad you brought that up as I like to run 2s when my 5yr old runs it. And I have quite a few 2s batteries that I would like to utilize. (Maybe a 4s purchase is in the future?!?) lol.
I was looking at the max10sct and I can actually find it cheaper than the blx120. I’ll have to look into if it runs 2s also.

Hobbywing WP SC8, Hexfly Hex10, Hobbywing Max10 SCT all three run 2-4s. The Hexfly and Max10 SCT have an option to run a 7.4v BEC (make sure your servo is rated for 7.4v before using it). The Max10 SCT and the Hobbywing WP SC8 non RTR (ready to run) ones come with a mounting bracket that will bolt up to the stock esc mounting holes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back