Best replacement wheel bearings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfurious40k

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
My wheel bearings are super rusted and noisy. I'm in need of a complete tear down and rebuild of the whole truck now that spring and dry weather is near. I'm thinking of new wheel bearings or possibly a whole bearing kit.

I remember there was a post about issues with the Fast Eddy bearings having slop on the inside bearing. Has that been resolved? Who else makes a Nero kit that drops in with no issues?

Thanks!

My wheel bearings are super rusted and noisy. I'm in need of a complete tear down and rebuild of the whole truck now that spring and dry weather is near. I'm thinking of new wheel bearings or possibly a whole bearing kit.

I remember there was a post about issues with the Fast Eddy bearings having slop on the inside bearing. Has that been resolved? Who else makes a Nero kit that drops in with no issues?

Thanks!

not sure anyone else makes a drop in...but try boca bearings... you will have to measure or look up bearing sizes in manual and order your sizes...but they offer every bearing type...good quality...i have used them for years...even ceramics ..

If I recall correctly the bearings where the exact size as stock when measured via caliper. Which makes me believe something else could be causing the issue. I know Eddy has sold hundreds if not thousands of these kits and I'm only aware of two complaints so not a bad ratio.

You could always try the others if you're really worried about it.

If I recall correctly the bearings where the exact size as stock when measured via caliper. Which makes me believe something else could be causing the issue. I know Eddy has sold hundreds if not thousands of these kits and I'm only aware of two complaints so not a bad ratio.

You could always try the others if you're really worried about it.

Good enough for me! Thanks!

IMG_1827.jpg
Hate to say this.. but some bearing kits are " china" won't mention names... never really sought after in years as an electric motor tech.. generally brands made in Japan or Germany has much tighter tolerances .. brands like nsk..ntn..skf..etc.. you can search eBay or local bearing supply houses like I did for the individual pieces needed.. sizes are pretty common and standard.. good luck

Thanks!
I replaced all my driveline bearings with sealed from Avid. Cheap!

It's funny, but I don't see wheel bearings listed in any of the posted bearings list for the Nero/Big Rock.

Anybody have those exact sizes?

It's funny, but I don't see wheel bearings listed in any of the posted bearings list for the Nero/Big Rock.

Qty. Size Location Qty. Bearing Set
2 8x16mm Fr Uprights 1 DTXC1585
2 12x18mm Fr Uprights 1 DTXC1597
2 6x11mm Steering 1 ARAC3210
2 5x11mm Fr Rockers 1 DTXC1547
2 12x18 Fr U Joint 1 DTXC1597
2 8x16mm Fr U JOint 1 DTXC1585
2 9x17mm Fr Gearbox 1 ARAC3214
1 7x19mm Fr Gearbox 1 DTXC1579
1 7x22mm Fr Gearbox 1 ARAC3213
2 6x19mm Ctr Gearbox 1 ARAC3211
2 9x17mm Ctr Gearbox 1 ARAC3214
2 9x17mm Rear Gearbox 1 ARAC3214
1 7x19mm Rear Gearbox 1 DTXC1579
1 7x22mm Rear Gearbox 1 ARAC3213
2 8x16mm Rear Uprights 1 DTXC1585
2 12x18mm Rear Uprights 1 DTXC1597
2 5x11mm Rear Rockers 1 DTXC1547

ARRMA Ball Bearing 12x18x4mm (2)
ARRMA Bearing 8x16x5mm (2)..bigrock wheel bearings

IMG_4091.PNG
IMG_4092.PNG
AR610007 - large wheel bearing - 12X18X4mm need 4
AR610016 - small wheel bearing - 8X16X5mm - need 4

Available on eBay for around $3.50 each

But AcerRacing.com sells Polymide sealed bearings for less. They also have the ceramic sealed bearings.

Just found these on eBay from Acer Racing:

Attachments

• IMG_4093.jpg
    IMG_4093.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 40
check for rubber sealed an if you want VA (stainless)
But remember that VA is not so stable than normal bearings.
And never use WD40! ;-)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back