Kraton Best servo for Kraton 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked one up today
Thanks
I’ve had almost every decent servo. Love the reefs and their customer service! I’ve never had a nicer smoother strong servo. Plus they look cool ;-) post up pic after install. You’ll thank me then once u see what I’m talking bout. Got two of em now myself. Both in my 1/7 beasts

Anyone try Protek servos from Amain? They have a few offerings that are fast and super hight torque but got for $160.

So how much torue is ideal for a Kraton? 20/25/30kg??? I don't mind buying quality that lasts but I am trying not to go overboard. LOL

Anyone try Protek servos from Amain? They have a few offerings that are fast and super hight torque but got for $160.

So how much torue is ideal for a Kraton? 20/25/30kg??? I don't mind buying quality that lasts but I am trying not to go overboard. LOL
I'm running the protek black label 370tbl and I'm really happy.

I also ran the protek black label 370 and enjoyed it unit a heavy wreck broke it. They sent a new one after getting mine back. Used it in the stretched talion and it poop da bed after about a month... so I got my second reefs in the meantime. They sent another replacement which I will install in my next build. But I really like the reefs.

$160 for a freaking servo??? That’s as much as a good motor or ESC. That’s just ridiculous. You could buy a lifetime of DS servos for that much.

I didn’t pay 160 luckily I used some coupons and got it for 115!! I paid 100 for the reefs and worth every dollar

Yeah $160 is hard to swallow. If I tore it up from a hard crash I'd cry a little. LOL. I've heard good things about Reef's on the rock crawler forums. I looked it up and has impressive specs for $100. I think thats my next purchase.

Definition for 'best' is always subjective. I like my money a little too much to throw it at an expensive servo.
For a basher, I stay with DS3225 (2 for $37)
https://www.amazon.com/Wishiot-Digi...child=1&keywords=ds3225&qid=1602643492&sr=8-2

The 35kg version is a little stronger but haven't tried them, probably my next pick ones I've used up my stash.

So far, they held up better than my PowerHD ones which were twice the price.

Last edited:
I’ve had almost every decent servo. Love the reefs and their customer service! I’ve never had a nicer smoother strong servo. Plus they look cool ;-) post up pic after install. You’ll thank me then once u see what I’m talking bout. Got two of em now myself. Both in my 1/7 beasts

62021E4B-A6B0-4E08-9A5E-74AE812DF731.jpeg

A9C31FC2-9CFC-4829-940F-FA8DECAAA86A.jpeg

It’s def has the bling factor LOL

Sure does;-). Did u get the steel gear or titanium coated gears? How smooth is that!? Was I right or was I right!? Lol View attachment 104534View attachment 104535
Looks like the titanium gears from ur pic. Very nice.
Nice rig !
Titanium.....you were def right, I put a similarly priced SAVOX next to it which has a tiny more pull but a lot less speed and steel gears. Thanks a lot I had never heard of Reef’s.
Question: I rebuilt front and center diff to try to eliminate a noise that sounds like the spur and pinion are skipping only in reverse, ever heard of that ? Proper mesh but it drives me nuts

Last edited:
Yea man! I started w the savox and loved it! When the wires wore thru from rubbing the bell crank I grabbed the reefs! As a replacement and wow! I’m rough on servos and my rigs lol.
sounds like on of the spiral gears might be edged up a lil. Hold front wheels off ground and slowly drag rear wheels. Forward and reverse. Repeat to check front diff

Yea man! I started w the savox and loved it! When the wires wore thru from rubbing the bell crank I grabbed the reefs! As a replacement and wow! I’m rough on servos and my rigs lol.
sounds like on of the spiral gears might be edged up a lil. Hold front wheels off ground and slowly drag rear wheels. Forward and reverse. Repeat to check front diff
While doing that diff check what is the signs if it's bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back