Mojave Best servo for the Mojave ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary.rvp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
I training upgrade my servo of my Mojave any recommendations?

This a good one? I am running firma 160 amp esc

Attachments

• AF119800-72FD-4316-86B1-E7B721468CD6.jpeg
    AF119800-72FD-4316-86B1-E7B721468CD6.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 216
Reefs Rc tripple 4
3317FB89-768C-49E1-896D-777AF84CBAD4.jpeg

or protek 370tbl
0A6FB94D-6E0F-4B57-A461-DAD982AC3715.jpeg
A4B4F808-0396-421E-AA3D-428643C0E3E6.jpeg

Yessir!! Was the first thing I replaced! I literally took the truck out of the box, tossed the stock wheels and servo back in the box lol. I too jumped on the savox initially. It was a lot better than stock but.... then jumped on the REEFS RC tripple 4. Wow what a nice servo! The first one I got was titanium coated gears. Took a bad wreck and it biffed up the brushless motor inside. Emailed customer service and had a replacement Shipped as soon as I provided tracking on theirs coming back. The replacement however isn’t titanium coated but just as nice! While I was waiting for the tripple4 to come back I scooped on the protek black label and was blown away! Not only is it fast af but powerful af too!! Once again took a bad wreck and chipped a tooth on in it and sent it back to amain hobbies (protek) for them to confirm it was no good. They were shocked and didn’t believe me initially lol. Even had their tech emailing me asking what happened. This just came in the mail yesterday.
EF0E30A8-81E6-4093-8E94-66083A0B5B05.jpeg

Savox SB-2290SG Black Edition Monster Torque Brushless Steel Gear Servo

Specifications:
Torque: 6V: 555.5 oz-in; 7.4V: 694.4 oz-in
Speed: 6V: 0.16/60° sec; 7.4V: 0.13/60° sec
Dimensions (L x W x H): 40.3x20.2x38.7mm
Weight: 79.0g

Savox SB-2290SG Black Edition Monster Torque Brushless Steel Gear Servo

Specifications:
Torque:
6V: 555.5 oz-in; 7.4V: 694.4 oz-in
Speed: 6V: 0.16/60° sec; 7.4V: 0.13/60° sec
Dimensions (L x W x H): 40.3x20.2x38.7mm
Weight: 79.0g
That’s a beast of a servo too!!

i use a cheap 30$ amazon 35kg servo. Works mint. It wont give you 35kg at 6v.... but it will give you over 30. so plenty.
I went that route w my senton 6s until steering failure caused high speed wreck. Since then I’m a sucker for the high priced servos. Lol

I went that route w my senton 6s until steering failure caused high speed wreck. Since then I’m a sucker for the high priced servos. Lol
Understandable. I have had excellent luck with the cheap servos.

Finally someone on here who knows a good servo. Hard to believe most people run savox when they don't offer much of a speed upgrade over stock .16 speed on 6v. Both these servos definitely are much faster, stronger, and more durable. Excellent choices.
Yeah, you tight about Savox, they crap, mine month old just died.. Have ordered JX ecoboost.

Servos are all a mixed bag. Cheapos or High $$. Just accept that what you have will break. I tried it both ways. Cheap and High$. I lean to cheapos as of late. Its more cost efficient as you keep replacing them over the years. I don't see any better longevity or worse based on the $$$ you pay. Precision may be better on the high end side. But not always when it comes to servos!!!:cool:
I would consider a Promodeler Brand servo next in the high end side of servos. Gave up on Savox for good. Most servos are just re branded generic Mfr'ed. Most of the servo components are also. The servo's Potentiometers is what truly separates the $men$ from the boys.

Edit: make sure the servo can provide at least 25-35 KG at 6volts and it should serve well enough for bashing.

Last edited:
Servos are all a mixed bag. Cheapos or High $$. Just accept that what you have will break. I tried it both ways. Cheap and High$. I lean to cheapos as of late. Its more cost efficient as you keep replacing them over the years. I don't see any better longevity or worse based on the $$$ you pay. Precision may be better on the high end side. But not always when it comes to servos!!!:cool:
I would consider a Promodeler Brand servo next in the high end side of servos. Gave up on Savox for good. Most servos are just re branded generic Mfr'ed. Most of the servo components are also. The servo's Potentiometers is what truly separates the $men$ from the boys.

Edit: make sure the servo can provide at least 25-35 KG at 6volts and it should serve well enough for bashing.
Very good point!

I haven't tried anything else, because I haven't had to, but I can say my savox servo is one of the few components that has yet to fail after all the bashes and bad landings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back