Kraton Best servo money can buy?

vindazzle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
If you do not plan on driving your rc in wet conditions then no there is no reason to get the waterproof one.

maybe not right now until i get bored. i do have a dust cover so should protect it from rain or snow. i know i wont be jumping on muddy puddles for sure.

21STalion

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Okay all.... I've been looking at this for days. Simply looking at paper stats, not knowing anything else about these, here are some top options I've found in no particular order. My selection criteria were:

1) at least 400 oz-in of torque
2) at least .125 or less 60 deg speed.
3) No plastic gears
4) Lighter is better.
* price not a factor per OP

Spektrum S652 - The stock EXB servo for reference
Torque: 18.94 kg / 263 oz-in
Speed: 0.227 @6v / 0.184 @7.2v
Weight: 65 g
Price: $52

Pro Modeler DS505BLHV
Torque: 480 oz-in @7.4v / 505 oz-in @ 8.4v
Speed: .108 sec @7.4v / .094 sec @ 8.4v
Weight: 84 g
Price: $90

Pro Modeler DS630BLHV
Torque: 555 oz-in @7.4v / 630 oz-in @ 8.4v
Speed: .109 sec @7.4v / .097 sec @ 8.4v
Weight: 84 g
Price: $110

Pro Modeler DS385CLHV
Torque: 345 oz-in @7.4v / 385 oz-in @ 8.4v
Speed: .078 sec @7.4v / .068 sec @ 8.4v
Weight: 59 g
Price: $80

MKS HBL380
Torque: 541 oz-in @7.4v / 569 oz-in @ 8.4v
Speed: .092 sec @7.4v / .082 sec @ 8.4v
Weight: 73 g
Materials: Chrome Titanium Alloy
Price: $213

Reefs 444
Torque: 422oz @ 6.0V / 444oz @ 7.4V
Speed: .11sec @ 6.0V / .10sec @ 7.4V
Weight: 63 g - LIGHT!
Price: $116

Futaba S9177SV
Torque: 569 oz-in @7.4v
Speed: .11 sec @7.4v
Weight: 74 g
Price: $180

Futaba BLS172SV and BLS177SV
Torque: 514 oz-in @7.4v
Speed: .11 sec @7.4v
Weight: 74 g
Price: $230

JX Servo BLS-HV7032MG (from Banggood)
Torque: 451 oz-in @8.4V
Speed: 0.07 sec @ 8.4V
Weight: 70 g
Price: $66

Powerhobby 729MBL
Torque: 565 oz-in @8.4V
Speed: 0.08 sec @ 8.4V
Weight: 78 g
Price: $95

hitecrcd D955TW
Torque: 405 oz-in @7.4V
Speed: 0.12 sec @ 7.4V
Weight: 65 g - LIGHT!
Price: $105

ZOSKAY 35kg (amazon)
Torque: 486 oz-in @7.4V
Speed: 0.11 sec @ 7.4V
Weight: 60 g - LIGHT!
Price: $33 - CHEAP!

AGF RC A66BHLW
(low profile)
Torque: 459 oz-in @8.4V
Speed: 0.065 sec @ 8.4V - FAST!
Weight: 66 g - LIGHT!
Price: $95

AGF RC A73BHLW
Torque: 556 oz-in @8.4V
Speed: 0.1 sec @ 8.4V
Weight: 73 g
Price: $66

*** Let me know if you'd like to suggest another for the list ***
Nice post Thumpy

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.
Community Leader
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
maybe not right now until i get bored. i do have a dust cover so should protect it from rain or snow. i know i wont be jumping on muddy puddles for sure.

Well most servos are rather easy to waterproof, you just need some modified silicone conformal coating and marine grease. You can also use liquid tape and marine grease but you have to put the liquid tape all over the seams on the outside of the servo and it just looks hideous.

There are tons of videos on YouTube that show you how to do it.

Buckwhea7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
I use the Power Hobby 729 MBL. I have 5 of these in my 6s rigs. Excellent servos. Been running them for years with zero issues. 500oz on 7.4 is more than enough for a Kraton. They’re fast, powerful, and for 95 bucks, it’s a no brainer. Easy to find on Amazon, amongst other websites. Same specs as the Savox 1212, except standard height. (1212’s are are little taller, and make noise, and personally I think the 1212 is a little slower than the 729). You don’t need an external battery or BEC. No glitching or anything extra. Plug into your receiver and go. One and done🤙🏻

slick2500

Community Leader
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
I use the Power Hobby 729 MBL. I have 5 of these in my 6s rigs. Excellent servos. Been running them for years with zero issues. 500oz on 7.4 is more than enough for a Kraton. They’re fast, powerful, and for 95 bucks, it’s a no brainer. Easy to find on Amazon, amongst other websites. Same specs as the Savox 1212, except standard height. (1212’s are are little taller, and make noise, and personally I think the 1212 is a little slower the the 729). 🤙🏻

I considered one of those, went back and forth between that and a Bluebird BLS-4311 for a few days. Ended up with the Bluebird but I think it has too much torque for my Kraton :ROFLMAO: way better than any Savox I've had.
I want to try one of these next https://www.bluebirdservousa.com/product-page/bls-m52b-magnetic-sensor-helical-gear-servo

jipper

Reaction score
I considered one of those, went back and forth between that and a Bluebird BLS-4311 for a few days. Ended up with the Bluebird but I think it has too much torque for my Kraton :ROFLMAO: way better than any Savox I've had.
I want to try one of these next https://www.bluebirdservousa.com/product-page/bls-m52b-magnetic-sensor-helical-gear-servo

That’s some mean specs right there! Never heard of them. Definitely gonna try one on the next build. I like that they use hall sensors. Next gen tech right there. We use them in helicopter gimbals.

SrC

RC is a lifestyle choice
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Well most servos are rather easy to waterproof, you just need some modified silicone conformal coating and marine grease. You can also use liquid tape and marine grease but you have to put the liquid tape all over the seams on the outside of the servo and it just looks hideous.

There are tons of videos on YouTube that show you how to do it.
+1

I disassemble all my new servos out the package, no matter the brand. I have gotten defective ones. DOA. They get returned ASAP. I Evaluate them, test them on my Servo testor and apply Conformal coating to the PCB's, spread grease around all the gears lightly. Usually you find one small blob of grease that sits on one gear and never touches the Teeth of any of the gears. And some have Zero grease (Dry) And I found some Servos with no Conformal coating at all, despite claiming to be WP.
I don't expect most to do this. But food for thought if you are so inclined.
Just that I have good luck with servos now, and most of them are AMZ cheapos.
:cool:

slick2500

Community Leader
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
+1

I disassemble all my new servos out the package, no matter the brand. I have gotten defective ones. DOA. They get returned ASAP. I Evaluate them, test them on my Servo testor and apply Conformal coating to the PCB's, spread grease around all the gears lightly. Usually you find one small blob of grease that sits on one gear and never touches the Teeth of any of the gears. And some have Zero grease (Dry) And I found some Servos with no Conformal coating at all, despite claiming to be WP.
I don't expect most to do this. But food for thought if you are so inclined.
Just that I have good luck with servos now, and most of them are AMZ cheapos.
:cool:
Like I've said a few times I love the red ones I still have some that are 3-4 years old now but for some reason the blue ones hate me every one of them that I have bought has turned out to be a dud.

slick2500

Community Leader
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s

21STalion

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
@slick2500 was the questions not best servo money can buy implying that money is not a question in what were picking there for picking an amazon cheapo is the problem in this thread no?
Some people can't possibly consider anything else but budget and value for your dollar.

In racing, like in life, we call these people losers because they will never compete with the best. Only fight over the discounted left overs. The scraps if you will.

If you want the best, you have to pay like the rest.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings 🥺

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s

Vulthraxis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
The problems not his opinion. Its that he has a post after every other opinion on here discrediting the other opinion. This is not a debate. Quoting my self "IMO" in my opinion.

Its ok to have and opinion its not ok to police others.