Kraton Best servo money can buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, we're getting down into the weeds. Ignore the equations and the math. All you need is a little bit of common sense and a set of eyes - this decision can be a no brainer.

For some folks the $60 Amazon special does the job, it's perfect for their needs. Offered the same choice, another guy goes, hmmm, with ProModeler I get . . .
  • larger gears
  • larger shafts
  • better steel
  • hardpoints
  • cooling fins
  • spare parts
  • repair facility
  • MIL-STD
  • Someone to call
. . . and wonder to themselves, all this for an extra $40? Oh Hell yeah!

But seriously, there's a place for both modelers on the spectrum of folks participating in our sport because as always . . . what's best for you? It depends!

Last edited:
I used to buy Amazon servos, the 25 & 35 kg ones when I was newer in the hobby and running more 1/10 th 3s type rigs. Once I started running more 8th and 7th scale rigs, the Amazon servos where ok, but they didn’t move the bigger wheels as well and when used to upgrade an Arrma 6s stock servo, didn’t really notice much improvement over the stock 652 servo. Next I moved up to JX servos, which I found better then the Amazon and the ecoboost model I was using was pretty close in price. though it was better, it wasn’t good enough when I started to build upgraded higher performance rigs. I tried a few more expensive JX brushless servos and they where an improvement, but started to edge up near bigger brand offerings price wise. I decided that on my higher performance builds, for the $80 I was spending on the better JX was putting me close in price to enough higher end offerings that I wanted to try a few other options.
After trying a bunch of options the newer high end series from power HD, like the S50 was excellent and would be my honorable mention for a Kraton style rig. I would have probably stayed with the power HD, but I had heard so much about Promodeler, mostly on this forum, that I ordered DS505BLHV and I haven’t looked back. Im finishing a build on the Mohave chassis and I just installed the 630blhv this time because it was only $20 more so I wanted to see if I could tell the difference. I haven’t run it yet, but I would be happy with the 505 performance so this one can only be as good or better. once I get a few runs in I’ll decide if my go to is the 505 or 630. based on my 505, the Promodeler is the nicest servo I have personally held in my hands, the performance was awesome, and though this might not mean much, they just look like an expensive, custom type high performance part! I was sent a free baseball cap on my first order and both orders I placed shipped incredibly fast,
one of the Promodelers I ordered will be my go to better servo, there not priced outrageous and in all reality, if there’s a better servo out there, I can’t imagine Promodeler isn’t damn close and probably cheaper. I like that everyone I have dealt with at the company seams to take what they do really serious and they take a lot of pride in making a mil spec product. At the end of the day, these rigs are still play things, so for me, knowing I’m buying something that’s the best or close and supporting a smaller domestic company and getting good value is enough to close the books. unless I’m just looking for a cheaper servo to replace a broken one in an o,def 10th scale rig I have, I’m going with Promodeler from now on. theres a lot of good choices, but not many you can call up anytime and even chat on a forum with… and they have a great selection. I’m looking at one of the 5th scale ones next for my upcoming 5ive t brushless build.

Perfect pass looks nice. I read it’s a rebranded agfrc servo? I was considering one for my Kraton but didn’t see any Specs on it. I ended up buying a promodeler ds630 and it’s pretty nice. Happy so far.

Has anyone tried the new perfect pass servo's? Seem to be pretty decent.
I just got one and tried for the first time yesterday in a Senton build I'm working on. I must say I was impressed. I like a servo than can find the "zero point" quickly after turns and have the strength to actually get the tires back there. It performed very well. I'd rank it up there with the Reefs Raw 500 which is the best servo I've had to date. I'd highly recommend it. I've used the Reefs 500 and the Triple 5 (kinda slow in my opinion) along with various Futaba servos (pricey but good) and a Savox SC1258 which died on me pretty quickly. The Perfect Pass performs better than all of these and equals the Raw 500 in performance. The Raw 500 has lasted me over a year now in about 3 different builds so only time will tell if the PP is as durable...but so far I'd give it a thumbs up.

Has anyone tried the new perfect pass servo's? Seem to be pretty decent.
I really want to try the perfect pass servos.
Perfect pass looks nice. I read it’s a rebranded agfrc servo? I was considering one for my Kraton but didn’t see any Specs on it. I ended up buying a promodeler ds630 and it’s pretty nice. Happy so far.
So what, agfrc makes good servos too.

Funny. AGFRC makes PP servos for Raz, and also sells to Reefs who rebrands them and charges a lot more. That said, any AGFRC I’ve used in the past (three I think?) have been great servos. Two are gone, sold in the trucks in which they were installed, but I still have one running in a Mojave that was in it when I bought it.
But for essentially the same money, I’m pretty much married to ProModeler now. The best I’ve ever used by a huge margin for a variety of reasons.

not disparaging AGFRC, I think they're great servos and I bought an A81BHMW but returned it in favor of a pro modeler. My point was there's no specs on the PP servo. Servo manufacturers may grossly inflate the specs but at least it's a starting point.

My point was there's no specs on the PP servo. Servo manufacturers may grossly inflate the specs but at least it's a starting point.

Yup, I agree and would never even a consider a servo at that price point without something being cited for specifications. My theory is he doesn’t release specs because he doesn’t want others to realize they mirror AGFRC’s. And anybody who has ever programmed an AGF will immediately recognize the software when they program their Reefs for the first time. In addition, I really don’t think it’s even a secret anymore that Scorched is doing Raz’s carbon pieces.
I certainly don’t blame Raz for capitalizing on his YouTube popularity (I would) and private airstrips in Israel can’t come cheap, right? That said, some of his products look outstanding although I’ve never tried any of his stuff.
EDIT: I think I mis-spoke. I was thinking of the programming software being the same for AGF and Reefs, not Raz’s. I fixed my statement above.

Last edited:
this ones a beast and doesn't hurt your wallet.

1663610845527.png

this ones a beast and doesn't hurt your wallet.

View attachment 244522
Yes it is and funny you should mention it. I believe it is the one being rebranded for another currently marketed and popular servo out there… Or was that where you were going with this, lol?

Yes it is and funny you should mention it. I believe it is the one being rebranded for another currently marketed and popular servo out there… Or was that where you were going with this, lol?
Maybe? Lol

I Think I Have The Best Servo You Can Install In A 6s Arrma, Or Traxxas,

I Had To Modify The Existing Servo Holder And Modify The Actual Servo Case Which I Wasn't Too Happy About But This Servo Is A Abnormal Size For This Machine As It Is A Full 2mm Taller At The Meat Of The Servo Case, Never Seen A Full Size Servo With A Case Size Like This, It Is The Almighty MKS X8 388 .014 Sec Speed 68KG.

This Really Turns My Wheels On My Kraton EXB 6s. If Ya Know What I'm Sayin' This Machine Needs All It Can Get, Oh, Beefy 8mm Shaft.

Does Anything Out There Beat This In Torque?

8mm Shaft Never Breaks, Gears Can If Your Servo Saver Isn't Proper, Gears 36 Bucks, Cheers EveryBody And I Gotta Say This Kraton EXB Is Bananas!!!!

F5735D04-D3CF-45D9-887D-DD5387A5BD3F.jpeg

I Had To Modify The Existing Servo Holder And Modify The Actual Servo Case Which I Wasn't Too Happy About But This Servo Is A Abnormal Size For This Machine As It Is A Full 2mm Taller At The Meat Of The Servo Case, Never Seen A Full Size Servo With A Case Size Like This, It Is The Almighty MKS X8 388 .014 Sec Speed 68KG.

This Really Turns My Wheels On My Kraton EXB 6s. If Ya Know What I'm Sayin' This Machine Needs All It Can Get, Oh, Beefy 8mm Shaft.

8mm Shaft Never Breaks, Gears Can If Your Servo Saver Isn't Proper, Gears 36 Bucks, Cheers EveryBody And I Gotta Say This Kraton EXB Is Bananas!!!!

View attachment 244891
At that price it better do more than turn my wheels if you know I mean.

View attachment 244891
You actually mis-quoted the speed. It is not .014@60°, it is .14@60° and that’s at 8.4v, the 6v speed is only .19@60° which puts the speed on par with a $30.00 DS servo from Amazon or AliExpress. It does have lots of torque though. Probably be bananas in a crawler. But dang dude, the money…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back