Kraton Best servo money can buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I have a nice build going. I got my base vehicle (Kraton 6s EXB) in a trade deal and it came with a steering servo in it. Little did I know at the time it was a highly rated cheapo! 😟
There is nothing wrong with that. But it is still a $25 servo in a close to $2k build. I will use it until it dies but I want to have one ready to go for when that eventually happens. I am sure there are 1000000+ "What's the best servo" posts out there and that is very suggestive because of budget vs requirements, etc.
I have a K6 XL build. I am going to use trencher 3.8's for now. My LHC actually recommended Traxxas servos?!! 🤔 Also, I have a HR 25 tooth servo arm I'd like to use. I will probably be bashing it pretty hard. What are some of the best servos I can get for it if money isn't a factor?

I have a nice build going. I got my base vehicle (Kraton 6s EXB) in a trade deal and it came with a steering servo in it. Little did I know at the time it was a highly rated cheapo! 😟
There is nothing wrong with that. But it is still a $25 servo in a close to $2k build. I will use it until it dies but I want to have one ready to go for when that eventually happens. I am sure there are 1000000+ "What's the best servo" posts out there and that is very suggestive because of budget vs requirements, etc.
I have a K6 XL build. I am going to use trencher 3.8's for now. My LHC actually recommended Traxxas servos?!! 🤔 Also, I have a HR 25 tooth servo arm I'd like to use. I will probably be bashing it pretty hard. What are some of the best servos I can get for it if money isn't a factor?
Reefs
I had a traxxas servo for my smt10 and it couldn't center. They sent me a new one and it couldn't center. P.O.S.
I have a RAW500 and its flawless though I'm sure there's better out there.
I'm sure you'll hear about them.(y)

Yes I was going to say promodeler but a weaker one lol

It's slightly faster than the ds845

https://www.promodeler.com/DS635BLHV

Personally I went with a cheapo I'm REALLY happy with it

https://m.banggood.com/JX-BLS-HV703...gn=23780708&utm_content=3216&cur_warehouse=CN

Description:
Brand: JX Servo
Item: BLS-HV7032MG
Dead band: 1μs 1520μs / 330hz
Motor: Brushless motor
Max angle: 180°
Operating Voltage: DC 4.8V-8.4V
Operating Speed: (6.0V) 0.09 sec/60°
Operating Speed: (8.4V) 0.07 sec/60°
Stall Torque: (6.0V) 26.3 kg.cm (364.96oz/in)
Stall Torque: (8.4V) 32.51kg-cm 451.18 oz/in)
Dimensions: 40.5X20.5X36mm /1.59 X0.80X1.43 in
Weight: 70g
Bearing: 2BB
Connector Wire Length: JR 265mm

I'm left wanting for nothing but if this ever burns up I'll go for the promodeler.

PS I ran 50 batteries through this servo and has been flawless. Running on 7.4v then 8v now. I got a new Bec and I might run it at 8.5v now

Last edited:
AGF servos are pretty good from what I have heard. They are repackaged reefs rc servos (I have heard)
I personally use the cheap amazon 35kg servo and I find it is strong enough to turn 3.8 tires.
If you don't care about size and want raw power the reefs beast 2000 is super powerful. The reefs regular sized servos are so powerful and fast when compared to standard servos

I'd go with this..!!

https://futabausa.com/product/hps-cb700/

Some say this is the best servo money can buy for 1/8 cars, road or off road..!!
A Great programmable 49kg HV Futaba servo. But needs 8.4 volts to Shine at max potential, and No BEC allowed. (not recommended) Runs on a Lipo or Nimpack only. As stated.
This makes a great Nitro Rig Track servo. (y) It's Intended purpose.
If you don't care or want to Program it on your PC to get the most out of it, or don't run it on a Battery pack, it's just a waste of $240.

+1.
I don't believe anyone else is using Japanese Motors and Potentiometers exclusively in their Servos. Just ProModeler.
There is a reason ProModeler is a Mil-Spec supplier for Military Drones.

I think something important should be mentioned that the guy from Promodeler said to me.
He said for bashing he recommends to always use cheap plastic horns so they will break away and save the servo.
Makse a lot of sense.

I think something important should be mentioned that the guy from Promodeler said to me.
He said for bashing he recommends to always use cheap plastic horns so they will break away and save the servo.
Makse a lot of sense.

Interesting...never done that but would think the servo saver would protect before that would even happen... But I like my Promodeler

Makse a lot of sense.
Yo dawg I heard you like servo savers so we made a servo saver for your servo saver, we call it the servo saver servo saver alligator deluxe package
You are welcome

yo dawg GIF

If money wasn’t a worry in my truggy build I’d go with https://hitecrcd.com/products/servo...-torque-brushless-titanium-gear-servo/product or similar anyways. I’ve never had a Hitec servo disappoint used in the right application, and they have been in the game a long time. On my Losi 5B I run dual Hitec 845wp’s and they are flawless operating and quiet.
A seasoned RC racer I know swears by these. I was looking at them.
I don't know much about servos as I was a 80's-90's Tamiya kid and all we really used was Futaba. Now there are so many options out there! I wasn't even aware of Promodeler. They look very high quality. Lots of food for thought. Very helpful guys. Thanks!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back