Kraton Best servo money can buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think something important should be mentioned that the guy from Promodeler said to me.
He said for bashing he recommends to always use cheap plastic horns so they will break away and save the servo.
Makse a lot of sense.
Maybe for RC Air planes.....plastic is used primarily. Like the plastic horns usually supplied with new servos. Found in the box.
But with 6s RC surface rigs, the Servo Saver is what protects the servo. If set up properly. This is what spares the Servo.
Plastic Horns suck and are No Good with heavy 6s rigs.(n) Plastic horns will strip at the splines with 1/8 scale rigs. They can crack and flex all too easily. Loss of steering.
That was bad advice on the part of ProModeler. I suspect he is referring to an RC Air plane application.
ProModeler caters to the Air RC crowd for the most part. How they became known for. Not surface RC. It is why the Heli and plane and Military Drones run them. Promodeler tests their servos on Air models, not RC cars and trucks. There is a difference. They have limited knowledge with Surface RC.
But excellent Servos nonethless.
:cool:

Last edited:
AGF servos are pretty good from what I have heard. They are repackaged reefs rc servos (I have heard)
I personally use the cheap amazon 35kg servo and I find it is strong enough to turn 3.8 tires.
If you don't care about size and want raw power the reefs beast 2000 is super powerful. The reefs regular sized servos are so powerful and fast when compared to standard servos
From what I can tell it's the other way around, AGFRC servos are a manufacturer and they can rebrand their servos for companies or make servo's to spec (possibly Reefs) My servo's from them have been trouble free.

For the OP
Reef's servo's are nice too. Most aftermarket brands have competent servo's once you get in the ~$100 and up range. RC review has a lot of servo tests on his YouTube channel if you want to compare more servo's.

I don't trust many RTR companies (like Traxxas) because they are always so cheap on their RTR servos and it makes it hard to want to spend big money with them when your experience with their products isn't usually a good one.

Hurricane

If asking for the Best Servo $money$ can buy......
There is only one.
Promodeler.
Any other brand is just wishful thinking that you have the bestest ....:LOL: Don't let the Exterior looks and Bling persuade you. Trying to match the Bling everywhere else on your rig. :rolleyes:Many do this. Full alloy casing is a plus however. Whatever beautiful color it is anodized in.
And money spent is not always the determining factor if you start splitting hairs.
If money is tight when considering $100+ for a servo, just get an AMZ DS3235 35 kg servo.$34. Most new guys into RC won't even tell the difference. Trust me. Been there. 35+ years doing this.
Your wallet will only notice the difference.:ROFLMAO:
Just that Promodeler is the Top Dog IMHO, if willing to spend the coin.:cool:

Last edited:
Yes. I do run 7.4v with some of my rigs. No issues.
This comes with a nice clamping servo horn...However don't use it with the Arrma 6s rigs. Wrong profile and length. Save it for other brand rigs. Just use an OE Arrma 25 Spline alloy servo horn.

Product Description​

>Operating voltage range: 5-7.4V Operating speed (at no load) : 0.13 sec/60 degree @5.0V
Operating speed (at no load): 0.12 sec/60 degree @6.0V
>Operating speed (at no load): 0.11 sec/60 degree @ 7.4V
Stall torque (at locked): 29kg/cm @5.0V
Stall torque (at locked): 32kg/cm @6.0V
>Stall torque (at locked) : 35kg/cm @7.4V
Stall current (at locked): 1.9A @5.0V
Stall current (at locked): 2.1 [email protected]
>Stall current (at locked): [email protected]
Item:DS3235 35KG Coreless Stainless Steel Gear Waterproof Digital Servo
>Operating Voltage: 5 ~ 7.4 DC Volts
Dead brand: 3μs / 2 μs
Weight: 60 g (2.12 oz)
Motor Type: Coreless Motor
Gear Type: Copper & Aluminum / Stainless Steel & Aluminum
Working frequence: 50-333Hz
Size: 40 x 20 x 38.5 mm ( 1.58 x 0.79 x 1.50 in)
Features:
- High performance digital standard servo
- High-precision metal gears (Stainless steel gear)with hard anodizing
- CNC aluminium middle Shell
- Dual ball bearings
Package Included:
1 x DS3235 35KG Coreless Stainless Steel Gear Waterproof Digital Servo
1 x 25T Adjustable metal servo arm
a set of accessories
We aslo have:
▶35KG Coreless servo 270°,ASIN: B07S9XZYN2

https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Coreless-Digital-Stainless-arduino/dp/B07SBYZ4G5/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1KFZSL2GTX4RZ&keywords=ds3235&qid=1646506454&sprefix=ds3235+,aps,198&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNkUyQldMMFcwR1JGJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjMwMzY5MzdLM0ZYMjFHMUFNWSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODY1Nzk1MjI4VU9aQlNDTFpXSyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Last edited:
Yes. I do run 7.4v with some of my rigs. No issues.
Some Amazon listings for the same DS3235 servo show a lower max voltage in the specs.

But if it’s working for you at 7.4V I think I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.

Working for me Yes, on 7.4v BEC.
Have 8 of them. One is almost 2 years old. Never broke one yet. Beat the crap out of them. Are they extremely precise servos? NO. I can tell the very slightest difference. I had all the Savox, Hitec and Futaba stuff. For bashing, these DS3235's are great. And more than adequate. Save your coin for other upgrade parts. Just me. If I get 2 years out of these AMZ servos, I got my money's worth and will buy more of the same. I have new spare on hand and have never needed it yet.
If I had a hole burning in my pocket I would only consider the Promodeler. And still it would be overkill for me. Just bashing and all. A Personal call ultimately.
The most important thing about servos is the way they are setup. Having the correct torque (35kg). With Endpoints set correct etc. Servo Saver setup correct also. Servos are consumable items in my opinion. User error gets the best them when bashing at some point, more for some than others. No matter the servo and how much you paid.

From what I can tell it's the other way around, AGFRC servos are a manufacturer and they can rebrand their servos for companies or make servo's to spec (possibly Reefs) My servo's from them have been trouble free.

For the OP
Reef's servo's are nice too. Most aftermarket brands have competent servo's once you get in the ~$100 and up range. RC review has a lot of servo tests on his YouTube channel if you want to compare more servo's.

I don't trust many RTR companies (like Traxxas) because they are always so cheap on their RTR servos and it makes it hard to want to spend big money with them when your experience with their products isn't usually a good one.

Hurricane

Yes AGF is actually an OEM, they just recently started selling their own branded servos.

Another good servo brand is Bluebird, you go on plane forums and you will see Bluebird mentioned a lot. I bought a BLS-4311
recently it is the first servo that I haven't had to mess with the trim on the radio to get the servo horn to be in line with the servo like it is supposed to be. Every other servo I have ever used is never at center when the trim is set to 0 not even Savox.
Working for me Yes, on 7.4v BEC.
Have 8 of them. One is almost 2 years old. Never broke one yet. Beat the crap out of them. Are they extremely precise servos? NO. I can tell the very slightest difference. I had all the Savox, Hitec and Futaba stuff. For bashing, these DS3235's are great. And more than adequate. Save your coin for other upgrade parts. Just me. If I get 2 years out of these AMZ servos, I got my money's worth and will buy more of the same. I have new spare on hand and have never needed it yet.
If I had a hole burning in my pocket I would only consider the Promodeler. And still it would be overkill for me. Just bashing and all. A Personal call ultimately.
The most important thing about servos is the way they are setup. Having the correct torque (35kg). With Endpoints set correct etc. Servo Saver setup correct also. Servos are consumable items in my opinion. User error gets the best them when bashing at some point, more for some than others. No matter the servo and how much you paid.
I'm 0 for 2 with the DS3235's one has a dead spot in it but it still works and the other stripped out the main gear on the motor. My DS3225's have all been great though.

Some Amazon listings for the same DS3235 servo show a lower max voltage in the specs.

But if it’s working for you at 7.4V I think I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.
They are just all different Sellers. Some with no clue about servos. Bad spec listings. Just selling them. The servo is identical no matter the seller. I usually get mine from Zoskay and Animos. But got from others too. All the same servo. One Same manufacturer.

They are just all different Sellers. Some with no clue about servos. Bad spec listings. Just selling them. The servo is identical no matter the seller. I usually get mine from Zoskay and Animos. But got from others too. All the same servo. One Same manufacturer.
99% of those sellers on Amazon have no clue idea what 99% of their products are or even do.
I've purchased those DS3225MG servos on eBay, Amazon and Banggood back when they were $40 for a 4 pack and they are all 100% the same even down to the aluminum servo horns they come with.

Last edited:
Yes AGF is actually an OEM, they just recently started selling their own branded servos.

Another good servo brand is Bluebird, you go on plane forums and you will see Bluebird mentioned a lot. I bought a BLS-4311
recently it is the first servo that I haven't had to mess with the trim on the radio to get the servo horn to be in line with the servo like it is supposed to be. Every other servo I have ever used is never at center when the trim is set to 0 not even Savox.

I'm 0 for 2 with the DS3235's one has a dead spot in it but it still works and the other stripped out the main gear on the motor. My DS3225's have all been great though.
And 2 new out the box Savox 1210's got me also. (n)Why its hard for me to recommend other $brand$ servos. I feel its safer to recommend this 3235 . servo.
I usually open mine up and add a bit more grease. Look it over. Most any brand servo. Sometimes the grease is just not spread onto the gears teeth in many cases.
I always bench test my new servos right away with my Servo testor. Bad ones happen no matter the brand and how much you pay.
I would bet that Promodeler tests their servos well before packaging them.
I have opened up new out the box servos of many brands and can see that they were never tested or run post production. You can see the blob of grease on the gear train was never moved or smeared into the gear teeth. I open mine up always to check.

Edited.

Last edited:
And 2 new out the box Savox 1210's got me also. (n)Why its hard for me to recommend other $brand$ servos. I feel its safer to recommend this 3235 . servo.
I usually open mine up and add a bit more grease. Look it over. Most any brand servo. Sometimes the grease is just not spread onto the gears teeth in many cases.
I have 5 Savox servos not one of them is properly centered when set to 0 and 4 of them always make noises. Why do they make so much noise? I've had servos from JX, Traxxas, Spektrum, DS, Hitec, Arrma, Associated, Axial, Tower Pro and eBay no name servos and the Savox servos are the ones that makes noises.

I say it is because of the crappy potentiometers. They struggle to center. May appear visibly centered at times but buzzing is a sign of the motor still struggling to go center based on the Pot's position.
Just that a servo should always remain quiet once it IS centered out. Especially without any load.
I have 5 Savox servos not one of them is properly centered when set to 0 and 4 of them always make noises. Why do they make so much noise? I've had servos from JX, Traxxas, Spektrum, DS, Hitec, Arrma, Associated, Axial, Tower Pro and eBay no name servos and the Savox servos are the ones that makes noises.
A sign of poor manufacturing.
Programmable servos can be preset to center.
Futaba servos are good about centering. BUT one must consider the Servo arm used and the spline count.
Ultimately, I use my Radio's ST Sub trim to get me at center when installing any new servo. Solves this problem.

Last edited:
My Savox 1210SG servo is one of the only parts that has lasted without a problem for the entire 2-year life of my Granite. It's a tank. The center did have to be slightly adjusted on the transmitter, but isn't that normal? Do other servos always come with the teeth perfectly centered when set to zero? Is that even possible? Wouldn't it change in different vehicles? In any case, it doesn't make a functional difference. Once it's centered using the transmitter, it stays centered and has virtually identical range of motion to both sides. Maybe I just got lucky? My Savox makes no noise when left centered.

Last edited:
A seasoned RC racer I know swears by these. I was looking at them.
I don't know much about servos as I was a 80's-90's Tamiya kid and all we really used was Futaba. Now there are so many options out there! I wasn't even aware of Promodeler. They look very high quality. Lots of food for thought. Very helpful guys. Thanks!

First, there is a lot of knowledge ^^^^^ above

For my Kraton I would have been fine with the DS3235 meaning I used these on my bashers and none have failed me...yes there are some here who do not like them but on average they work for a low cost.

Why did I go with a ProModeler, DS505BLHV running at 7.4v
https://www.promodeler.com/DS505BLHV

I email them and John was happy to help and answer questions. He even said if I ever had an issue to send it back, if a part needs to be replace they can rebuild it...basically, they stand behind their product. I like to support the little guy even if it did cost me $90 because Savox has enough money. So I bought this one for my Kraton EXB.

I still have two shims in my servo saver so I still feel this servo or anyone close to this rating is strong BUT I still think the servo saver needs shimming to max the full steering ability of the servo. The next EXB servo has been disappointing and a change or mod does help it.

Good luck on a pick!

@parcou

I ordered the https://www.promodeler.com/DS355CLHV which is a weenie compared to the one you listed. That said it's still more power than stock, wayyyy faster, and weighs less. Hoping it can cope with the basher enviornment.

What did you do for a servo horn? I'm going to need a new one since the stocker is a different spline right? Does it makes sense for me to get a slightly longer arm for more torque since this servo is so fast?

I think that’s a mini servo? I believe you need to order a standard size, Closest would be the 360 to that.
It looks like it is.
The promodeler is 35.5x15x29.8
Standard servo is 40.3x20.2x38.7

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back