Kraton Best servo money can buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh bummer, though... I assume it work with the proper mounting right? That explains why it's so light. :/
The holes for the servo mount won't even line up, you would have to make an adapter plate.

@parcou

I ordered the https://www.promodeler.com/DS355CLHV which is a weenie compared to the one you listed. That said it's still more power than stock, wayyyy faster, and weighs less. Hoping it can cope with the basher enviornment.

What did you do for a servo horn? I'm going to need a new one since the stocker is a different spline right? Does it makes sense for me to get a slightly longer arm for more torque since this servo is so fast?

Well, I think they all filled in the blanks. For the same price get the DS505
https://www.promodeler.com/DS505BLHV

Even if the other could work the oz-in or the kg is way too low for this rig. To answer your question, I have an HR servo horn think for this rig having one with no plastic and no flex is better:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...25t-servo-arm-hraaon48sh25/p-qtarqqwqncqxactz

The 505 says "Not recommended for BEC use". What does that mean? Will my MMX8S not run it properly?
I was wondering the same thing. It's 8.4v capable so how else would you get 8.4v without having to run a separate 2s lipo?

A BEC is basically a circuit that bypasses the esc to directly power your electronics.

I was wondering the same thing. It's 8.4v capable so how else would you get 8.4v without having to run a separate 2s lipo?

A BEC is basically a circuit that bypasses the esc to directly power your electronics.
They recommend running the radio and servo on a separate lipo to provide the amperage/voltage that it needs.

I think something important should be mentioned that the guy from Promodeler said to me.
He said for bashing he recommends to always use cheap plastic horns so they will break away and save the servo.
Makse a lot of sense.
Makes No sense to me. :confused:

I think the priority is to have a decent Servo Saver setup that will keep up with the servo. Not the other way around. Plastic horns are more for Air RC's if anything.
Air RCs do not have Servo savers
Modern Surface RC does. (y)All of them, with the exception of 99% of Crawler rigs.
Promodeler has little to no experience with Surface RC. Great servo brand, just that their claim to fame has always been Air RC's! Just a fact.;)
And they happen to have just a handful of servos that will cross over well to Surface RC's.:cool:
Yes AGF is actually an OEM, they just recently started selling their own branded servos.

Another good servo brand is Bluebird, you go on plane forums and you will see Bluebird mentioned a lot. I bought a BLS-4311
recently it is the first servo that I haven't had to mess with the trim on the radio to get the servo horn to be in line with the servo like it is supposed to be. Every other servo I have ever used is never at center when the trim is set to 0 not even Savox.

I'm 0 for 2 with the DS3235's one has a dead spot in it but it still works and the other stripped out the main gear on the motor. My DS3225's have all been great though.
Your experience is like mine, like with the 2 Savox 1210's I got.(n)
0 for 2.:giggle:
Just that I had a $170. loss, not a $65 loss.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Okay all.... I've been looking at this for days. Simply looking at paper stats, not knowing anything else about these, here are some top options I've found in no particular order. My selection criteria were:

1) at least 400 oz-in of torque
2) at least .125 or less 60 deg speed.
3) No plastic gears
4) Lighter is better.
* price not a factor per OP

Spektrum S652 - The stock EXB servo for reference
Torque: 18.94 kg / 263 oz-in
Speed: 0.227 @6v / 0.184 @7.2v
Weight: 65 g
Price: $52

Pro Modeler DS505BLHV
Torque: 480 oz-in @7.4v / 505 oz-in @ 8.4v
Speed: .108 sec @7.4v / .094 sec @ 8.4v
Weight: 84 g
Price: $90

Pro Modeler DS630BLHV
Torque: 555 oz-in @7.4v / 630 oz-in @ 8.4v
Speed: .109 sec @7.4v / .097 sec @ 8.4v
Weight: 84 g
Price: $110

Pro Modeler DS385CLHV
Torque: 345 oz-in @7.4v / 385 oz-in @ 8.4v
Speed: .078 sec @7.4v / .068 sec @ 8.4v
Weight: 59 g
Price: $80

MKS HBL380
Torque: 541 oz-in @7.4v / 569 oz-in @ 8.4v
Speed: .092 sec @7.4v / .082 sec @ 8.4v
Weight: 73 g
Materials: Chrome Titanium Alloy
Price: $213

Reefs 444
Torque: 422oz @ 6.0V / 444oz @ 7.4V
Speed: .11sec @ 6.0V / .10sec @ 7.4V
Weight: 63 g - LIGHT!
Price: $116

Futaba S9177SV
Torque: 569 oz-in @7.4v
Speed: .11 sec @7.4v
Weight: 74 g
Price: $180

Futaba BLS172SV and BLS177SV
Torque: 514 oz-in @7.4v
Speed: .11 sec @7.4v
Weight: 74 g
Price: $230

JX Servo BLS-HV7032MG (from Banggood)
Torque: 451 oz-in @8.4V
Speed: 0.07 sec @ 8.4V
Weight: 70 g
Price: $66

Powerhobby 729MBL
Torque: 565 oz-in @8.4V
Speed: 0.08 sec @ 8.4V
Weight: 78 g
Price: $95

hitecrcd D955TW
Torque: 405 oz-in @7.4V
Speed: 0.12 sec @ 7.4V
Weight: 65 g - LIGHT!
Price: $105

ZOSKAY 35kg (amazon)
Torque: 486 oz-in @7.4V
Speed: 0.11 sec @ 7.4V
Weight: 60 g - LIGHT!
Price: $33 - CHEAP!

AGF RC A66BHLW
(low profile)
Torque: 459 oz-in @8.4V
Speed: 0.065 sec @ 8.4V - FAST!
Weight: 66 g - LIGHT!
Price: $95

AGF RC A73BHLW
Torque: 556 oz-in @8.4V
Speed: 0.1 sec @ 8.4V
Weight: 73 g
Price: $66

*** Let me know if you'd like to suggest another for the list ***

Last edited:
They recommend running the radio and servo on a separate lipo to provide the amperage/voltage that it needs.

They told me the same thing...not saying this is good or bad but I am running 3 Pro Modeler DS630BLHV for the Infraction, Kraton EXB, and Typhon TLR. Hoping for no issues to come up but so far all three have bashed with no issues at 7.4v....at the same time I am not overpowered anything 2 with HW ESCs and the Infraction is stock with a Firma 160A ESC so improvement over the stock 150A.

So I'm hoping I do not need one :) if I do I will tell....

Pro Modeler DS630BLHV

Man,

You look like me before I bought the Pro Modeler DS630BLHV I listed the same on paper with many of the ones you listed and oz-in converted to kg since I was comparing at 35kg as a min.

I landed on the DS630 since it was 4.1A at 7.4v so of all I looked it that one for me was a good middle. ProModeler rep was helpful to chat with offered this ship back for any fix or broken parts although they were a bit more $$$ I rather give the money to the small guy standing behind their product over a Savox.

I ended up with a Reef's triple 4 servo. I wanted a Promodeler but I needed to buy it from my LHS and they had it in stock. Seems pretty legit. We will see...

You know... I don't think we've properly discussed how much torque does a Kraton or Talion really need? Also, out of curiosity while on the subject, is there a such thing as too much torque? I mean, if we put 1000 oz-in in there, do we start breaking steering linkages when the tires get unknowingly stuck or something and we try to turn?

You know... I don't think we've properly discussed how much torque does a Kraton or Talion really need? Also, out of curiosity while on the subject, is there a such thing as too much torque? I mean, if we put 1000 oz-in in there, do we start breaking steering linkages when the tires get unknowingly stuck or something and we try to turn?
++++

i was leaning towards the savox 2290sg but now interested with the agfrc 55kg for my outcast 6s exb. silly question, do i need to spend the extra 20 bucks for the waterproof version? i mean i don't plan on turning my outcast into a boat anytime soon.

1652198289017.png

i was leaning towards the savox 2290sg but now interested with the agfrc 55kg for my outcast 6s exb. silly question, do i need to spend the extra 20 bucks for the waterproof version? i mean i don't plan on turning my outcast into a boat anytime soon.

View attachment 216702

If you do not plan on driving your rc in wet conditions then no there is no reason to get the waterproof one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back