Talion Best servo out there for me to buy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talion newbie 248

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Title says it all I want the best servo that is available price is no problem I'm willing to throw up the Benjamin's for the best. So any recommendations? Anyone

Title says it all I want the best servo that is available price is no problem I'm willing to throw up the Benjamin's for the best. So any recommendations? Anyone

Is the best really required when one quarter of the price could do the same job and be replaced 4 time for the price of the "best" ?

just asking

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is the best really required when one quarter of the price could do the same job and be replaced 4 time for the price of the "best" ?

just asking?

Totally agree with this logic. Similar to my stance on the "smart" lipo batteries. If I can buy something that performs just as well at a fraction of the cost, then I'm going to buy it. If I have to replace it a couple of times over the next few years I'm still ahead of the game and I have a brand new part each time.

With most anything when you buy "the best" "money is no object" you're getting ripped off and just paying for brand marketing. There is a HUGE gap between the top of the average joe within reason pile and the supposed BEST.

Think about something like home theater speakers. You can spend $1-2K on a set and be more than happy, but there are the "money is no object" guys that could easily spend $10K and into the sky. They will read every piece of opinion and deep technical analysis of every obscure hand crafted brand on the webs in an attempt to justify why they spend the $10K and how much better those speakers are, but in the end, nobody is going to notice the difference.

If you can't hear a difference between 1k and 10k $ speakers, good for you. I wish I couldn't ?
Same for the servo. If you race and have the funds, why not? For a basher, maybe it makes no sense. For a racer, I think it does...

If you can't hear a difference between 1k and 10k $ speakers, good for you. I wish I couldn't ?
Same for the servo. If you race and have the funds, why not? For a basher, maybe it makes no sense. For a racer, I think it does...
Fair enough. I only bash and use tin cans for speakers :p:ROFLMAO:

Thank you sorry just woke up that thang is beautiful ?
Which voltage are you going to run the servo on?
I don't know lol
Totally agree with this logic. Similar to my stance on the "smart" lipo batteries. If I can buy something that performs just as well at a fraction of the cost, then I'm going to buy it. If I have to replace it a couple of times over the next few years I'm still ahead of the game and I have a brand new part each time.

With most anything when you buy "the best" "money is no object" you're getting ripped off and just paying for brand marketing. There is a HUGE gap between the top of the average joe within reason pile and the supposed BEST.

Think about something like home theater speakers. You can spend $1-2K on a set and be more than happy, but there are the "money is no object" guys that could easily spend $10K and into the sky. They will read every piece of opinion and deep technical analysis of every obscure hand crafted brand on the webs in an attempt to justify why they spend the $10K and how much better those speakers are, but in the end, nobody is going to notice the difference.
Truw

I use these DS3225mg servos as do a lot of guys on here.
Only problem I see with those is they are not HV..?
Has anyone run more than 6.8v through one successfully without killing it..??
They're only £11 over here I might have to be the guinea pig and try one out..??

They're only £11 over here I might have to be the guinea pig and try one out..??
If you are still running the stock escs that is not an issue.
This one is HV but they do not seem to have the same quality as the red ones do myself along with @olds97_lss had the servos develop a boatload of slop. https://www.banggood.com/DSSERVO-DS...tCountry=America&&ID=6266225&cur_warehouse=CN

Torque: 22kg.cm(5V), 24kg.cm(6.0V), 25.5kg.cm(7.4V)
Speed: 0.10sec/60°(5V), 0.08sec/60°(6.0V), 0.07sec/60°(7.4V)

If you are still running the stock escs that is not an issue.
This one is HV but they do not seem to have the same quality as the red ones do myself along with @olds97_lss had the servos develop a boatload of slop. https://www.banggood.com/DSSERVO-DS...tCountry=America&&ID=6266225&cur_warehouse=CN

Torque: 22kg.cm(5V), 24kg.cm(6.0V), 25.5kg.cm(7.4V)
Speed: 0.10sec/60°(5V), 0.08sec/60°(6.0V), 0.07sec/60°(7.4V)
No issues with mine so far. It's been good (touch wood).

I run 7.4v on mine with great results

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back