Big Rock Best servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtagNat

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Ok I have read many different articles on how bad the servo is on the BRCC V3 BLX but one thing I haven’t found in these articles is what is the best Servo Saver to use? So In your best opinion what should with my 23/25 tooth servo?!?!

Hot racing makes a good one. It's similar to the Arrma 25t but metal so it's more robust.

I wish they would just come with a servo that lasted more than a month.

Seems to be a lot of threads regarding the 3s stock servos and the 23t servo saver/horn. I replaced my BRCC servo with a 25kg DESERVO Banggood special. The DESERVO has a 25t spline so I tapped the 23t stock servo saver onto the 25t spline and tightened it up. So far it hasn't stripped. I have a 25t Arrma servo saver coming for future failures but it does seem the stock 23t servo horn can be put onto a 25t spline if you apply enough force.

I wish they would just come with a servo that lasted more than a month.

Seems to be a lot of threads regarding the 3s stock servos and the 23t servo saver/horn. I replaced my BRCC servo with a 25kg DESERVO Banggood special. The DESERVO has a 25t spline so I tapped the 23t stock servo saver onto the 25t spline and tightened it up. So far it hasn't stripped. I have a 25t Arrma servo saver coming for future failures but it does seem the stock 23t servo horn can be put onto a 25t spline if you apply enough force.
Most all rtr servos are basically a crap shoot as to how long they last, not one of my stock Arrma servos have lasted more than a week.

You guys think the Amazon 25kg DSSERVO is a worthwhile upgrade to stick on the BRCC?

You guys think the Amazon 25kg DSSERVO is a worthwhile upgrade to stick on the BRCC?
Yes I have a couple that are about 1.5 years old now and still kicking.

The stock one is probably a $10 Chinese servo with an Arrma label put on it.
They are Spektrum now. I'm still running the 5 year old Spektrum SPMSS6170 plastic geared servo in my Torment somehow. 🤷‍♂️

You're right the insert is plastic so the rest being metal is kind of irrelevant lol I didnt know that sorry!
Exactly!!! Now Hot Racing has another one but I think it’s for the bigger Arrma lineup. But I don’t think it would work not 100% sure?!?!

8CFA15DE-A5DC-4576-848E-DD1A48327D1B.jpeg

Exactly!!! Now Hot Racing has another one but I think it’s for the bigger Arrma lineup. But I don’t think it would work not 100% sure?!?!

View attachment 142805
No that will not work lol I bought one thinking it would and it's meant for top mount servo configs (6s line) only. I mean you COULD make it work by cutting a bunch of plastic away but that would just be too much hassle.

No that will not work lol I bought one thinking it would and it's meant for top mount servo configs (6s line) only. I mean you COULD make it work by cutting a bunch of plastic away but that would just be too much hassle.
Yeah I don’t think I want to slice and dice away to get it to fit. Kinda sucks that there is nothing but plastic that is ok but not a install and forget for the 3S line. It seems to be the biggest gripe is the servo and servo saver that the 6S and 8S don’t have to deal with. I’m really hoping a company like M2C Racing would make a saver that would be all aluminum or some kind of metal to put on the heavier servos which we all replace at some time!! They could definitely corner the market!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back