Big Rock Best servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I don’t think I want to slice and dice away to get it to fit. Kinda sucks that there is nothing but plastic that is ok but not a install and forget for the 3S line. It seems to be the biggest gripe is the servo and servo saver that the 6S and 8S don’t have to deal with. I’m really hoping a company like M2C Racing would make a saver that would be all aluminum or some kind of metal to put on the heavier servos which we all replace at some time!! They could definitely corner the market!!!
I've had my orange plastic 25t on my Typhon for a couple months and haven't had any stipping issues but I don't know how long it's going to last lol Hopefully I wont have to replace it for a while :)

Exactly!!! Now Hot Racing has another one but I think it’s for the bigger Arrma lineup. But I don’t think it would work not 100% sure?!?!

View attachment 142805
Its too long for the 3s steering box where the servo is mounted. It used a spare 25t servo arm and dremel cut it down the 1 hole at the end and it fits now. I had the 25t Hot Aracing servo saver and jx eco 22hg ,etal servo in my arrma Virteks, but it the fence square on and the servo saver has play in it now. Trashed ans did the solid 25t arm and mod above.

Does anyone know if the HR servo saver for the 3s line will fit a 25t servo. It said that it did but I’ve have trouble with HR fitments on my Arrma.

Does anyone know if the HR servo saver for the 3s line will fit a 25t servo. It said that it did but I’ve have trouble with HR fitments on my Arrma.
Most of the feedback I see for the Hot Racing one is it is too weak or falls apart. I know @Surchaufeur had a bad one.

Most of the feedback I see for the Hot Racing one is it is too weak or falls apart. I know @Surchaufeur had a bad one.
I got the Hot Racing servo saver. I haven't used it because I've seen too many negative reviews. But the aluminum servo link it comes with is an excellent upgrade from stock. The stock plastic one wears down quickly and causes steering wobble. The Hot Racing aluminum servo link has lasted me about a year with no signs of wear.

I got the Hot Racing servo saver. I haven't used it because I've seen too many negative reviews. But the aluminum servo link it comes with is an excellent upgrade from stock. The stock plastic one wears down quickly and causes steering wobble. The Hot Racing aluminum servo link has lasted me about a year with no signs of wear.
Yup everyone says that the link is the only thing in the package worth using.

They should sell the link separately. It's really a great durability and performance upgrade. If mine eventually wears out, I'll still buy the package and throw out the servo saver.

I've been running our two Vorteks with no servo saver at all, just a metal servo arm and RacerStar servos (DS basically, same thing with different name on it).

Which servo arm did you use? I can tell some won't fit properly in a 3s Arrma since it sits close to the chassis. Also, what length did you use? I measure the stock servo saver at 17mm, but there aren't many 17mm servo arms around. Most are 16 or 18mm.

I've been considering a servo arm since getting some advice from StephaneZ and Marek when they noticed my wheels flying off center during triple back flips. I'm worried about frying the servo, but they say with a quality servo and proper endpoints it's OK.

Last edited:
Which servo arm did you use? I can tell some won't fit properly in a 3s Arrma since it sits close to the chassis. Also, what length did you use? I measure the stock servo saver at 17mm, but there aren't many 17mm servo arms around. Most are 16 or 18mm.

I've been considering a servo arm since getting some advice from StephaneZ and Marek when they noticed my wheels flying off center during triple back flips. I'm worried about frying the servo, but they say with a quality servo and proper endpoints it's OK.
Just some aluminum one I had that came with cheap servos from Banggood. I'll have to look. The arm has multiple holes in the end so even though the arm is a bit long the connection point works. I just had to dremel out the chassis a bit so the arm wouldn't bind. If you have one that's close you can modify it to work. There seems to be plenty of travel to turn the rig, so I would go with a 16mm and you should still be fine, you just won't have to turn down the end point settings as much. The servos I use are plenty fast so a bit shorter arm won't be a problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back