Talion Best servo with blx185

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinHood10

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
hi everyone. I'm gonna buy v4 talion but confused about servo. i used savox 1211sg v1(not low voltage one) and jx bls7132mg with mamba monster x on my v1 talion. my tires was backflips. i tried 5.5v to 8volts on 1211sg servo which is 15kg 0.10sec at 6v and never performs well. its strange but servo seems became tired after 10mins of bashing. i hated backflips because feels me driving heavy mt. im looking for performance. so ,replaced savox with JX bls7132mg. on the paper, this servo is killer 0.07sec and 32kg-cm. it was better than savox but it felt overrated to me. so planning to get some known brans for new chassis and using dakar tires because of lightweight but not plannig to replace original esc. blx185 has only 6v 3a bec which is weak for 8th scale rigs. looking for some speed on load(so torque) without using external bec or replacing esc. is there any fast servo like 0.10sec or faster which can be useful with 3a bec at 6v. for example is futaba sv9373 or spektrum s6290 good with blx 185's bec? looking for cheaper alternatives than this too like 100 bucks :( . my english is not the best one, sorry if i made mistake. thank you!

hi everyone. I'm gonna buy v4 talion but confused about servo. i used savox 1211sg v1(not low voltage one) and jx bls7132mg with mamba monster x on my v1 talion. my tires was backflips. i tried 5.5v to 8volts on 1211sg servo which is 15kg 0.10sec at 6v and never performs well. its strange but servo seems became tired after 10mins of bashing. i hated backflips because feels me driving heavy mt. im looking for performance. so ,replaced savox with JX bls7132mg. on the paper, this servo is killer 0.07sec and 32kg-cm. it was better than savox but it felt overrated to me. so planning to get some known brans for new chassis and using dakar tires because of lightweight but not plannig to replace original esc. blx185 has only 6v 3a bec which is weak for 8th scale rigs. looking for some speed on load(so torque) without using external bec or replacing esc. is there any fast servo like 0.10sec or faster which can be useful with 3a bec at 6v. for example is futaba sv9373 or spektrum s6290 good with blx 185's bec? looking for cheaper alternatives than this too like 100 bucks :( . my english is not the best one, sorry if i made mistake. thank you!
I have looked and looked but so far for 6v servos less than $100 I either find ones that are really fast but only have like 150oz/in of torque or they have 500oz/in of torque and are slower than molasses in February. ?
That Spektrum that you posted uses a 23t spline so you would need a new servo horn, and I cannot find any info anywhere that says what the spline count is on the Futaba.

Futaba is 25t but problem is power consumption. I have disappointment on v4 ones because don't have blx200 although nero is discontinued. 6v 3a is really weak.

So why don't you want to use an external bec?
Seems like that might fix your issue

I don't like too much cable. Also don't like unnecessary weight on chassis arrmas are already heavy. But i think i have to use external bec with blx185 or replace with better esc. Also im not sure about hitec proton 4 receiver can fit in new big receiver box. Is there anyone can measure inside of receiver box? Proton 4 is too big. Never found the dimensions.

I don't like too much cable. Also don't like unnecessary weight on chassis arrmas are already heavy. But i think i have to use external bec with blx185 or replace with better esc. Also im not sure about hitec proton 4 receiver can fit in new big receiver box. Is there anyone can measure inside of receiver box? Proton 4 is too big. Never found the dimensions.
No body wants extra cable and extra weight. Here my bec mounted on the rceiver box. Extra wires were folded neatly and taped up. They lay next to the receiver box

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back