Kraton Best Size Pinion for Bashing? KRATON

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinKraton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys,

What are you all running for bashing?

I'd have the stock pinion in now....

I'd like to keep heat down... but want more speed acceleration.

What TOOTH pinion do you recommend?

I run the 15T in my V3 for everything. I tried going back to the 12T but wasn't satisfied anymore with the speed, especially when hauling a$$ up a ramp or hill. I do run fans on my motor and my temps rarely go over 140°F.

I run a 16 tooth and moving to a 18 tooth. If I want to keep the heat down, if it’s an issue I just won’t drive it as hard.

I run a 13T on my outcast, but I'm running trencher 3.8's that are strapped. 14T caused me to overheat. Haven't run 13T much yet, but was able to finish my packs and run another set shortly after without having it shut down on me.

How man teeth is the speed gear that comes with it?
I believe it's 15.

Also there really is no "best" pinion. It depends of driving style, driving surface, tire size, skill level, etc.

That’s guys. Do you connect the fan to the receiver?

What fan set up did you get? Link?

Hey guys,

What are you all running for bashing?

I'd have the stock pinion in now....

I'd like to keep heat down... but want more speed acceleration.

What TOOTH pinion do you recommend?

Running stock pinion is fairly worry free with stock or similar size tires. Upping the pinion and bashing off road you'll want to monitor temps periodically or you might accidentally almost melt your center diff cup because the Trencher Xs are 2oz heavier and 1" wider causing main gears to over heat...hypothetically ?

That’s guys. Do you connect the fan to the receiver?

What fan set up did you get? Link?
Yes, hobbywing 50mm fan/heat sink. I run a splitter off the esc fan. I figure the esc likely only has one 6V circuit in it, so why bother running wire to the receiver. Probably a cleaner look that way though... I just didn't want to have to fuss with it, especially if the fan conked out, which it has.

15 Talion and Notorious to me is the perfect mix between torque, speed and handling. I vision a track wherever I end up and mostly do pretend laps so that works for me.

15 Talion and Notorious to me is the perfect mix between torque, speed and handling. I vision a track wherever I end up and mostly do pretend laps so that works for me.

Thanks man!! So that's the speed pinion?

15 I'm a Talion is too small I'm my opinion. The tires are small and it will be a lot slower than than a Notorious with the same 15t pinion.

I run 16t. I bash at bmx track so it will ever over heat but in the grass it will definitely overheat.

18t in the V3 Talion with two 30mm motor fans (68mph gearing) on 3.8 badlands

22t in the Outcast with 1650kv big block motor and two 30mm motor fans (73mph gearing) on backflips

Both on 6s, off-road bash setup w/NO overheating issues

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back