Best soldering iron?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These two items leave me wanting nothing for my soldering needs. All in for around $30!

Soldering Iron Kit, [Upgraded] 60W Adjustable Temperature Welding Tool with ON-Off Switch, Rarlight 9-in-1 Soldering Kits, 5pcs Soldering Iron Tips, Solder Wire, Y Type Soldering Iron Stand https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RLM4M97/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_4J1T9X4Q5WRJRT53R3WH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Neiko Hiltex 01902 Helping Hand with Magnifying Glass https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000P42O3C/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_P2MAXSCKY1ZQD2E8164Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I had my Weller for years. It’s fine but my bench is a bit tight so I keep it stashed away. My neighbor gave me a gift card in the wintertime for snowblowing so I bought this tiny Ryobi one (have a ton of these tools and really like them) station with it to keep on the bench for light work. It actually really heats up fast and hot enough to do all but very heavy wire. It’s so small you can just throw it in your tool bag.

1D594A40-68EB-441A-A2E0-1964564D1EA8.png

https://www.amazon.ca/FASTTOBUY-Soldering-Station-194°F-896°F-Temperature/dp/B082HP4513/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=hakko+soldering+iron'&qid=1630197180&s=hi&sr=1-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFLWThRMkw1UUhaUzYmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA1MTIyMDczRURGU1VRRTY3NlMwJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwNzk1OTkzTTE0UFdPUVZZVkNIJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I had that Helping Hand in the above post, and it fell apart and tips over. I paid half that price 2 years ago on AMZ. Clips are garbage. I mounted it to a block of wood for stability. But more of a nuisance . There is better out there. Helping hands are great to have though. The better soldering irons have gone up in price drastically. I like irons that are close to 600 degrees F. And have fast recovery times. Just me. For most, cheapos work, but there will be times when only a real one will work on certain types of heavy soldering, 10 guage etc with large bullet connectors . You need large blunt tips that take much heat to work right. If you don't have enough heat, cold dull solder joints will result. No good.

Last edited:
I’ve tried a few at work and home and I can’t recommend Hakko enough. They are fantastic. Not super cheap, but the best I’ve used personally by a big margin. And look at it this way, it’s still less than a new set of mounted tires for the 6S cars!
Edit: I just looked to see what Hakko had out there now, and boy has the price gone up since I bought mine. Up 30 to 40 percent from what I paid just a few years ago. So…maybe one and a half sets of premounts. 😊

Last edited:
The Plusivo 60W Soldering Iron is a value-for-money electronics soldering package. I like the extra shrink tubing, which I often use in circuitry projects.

+1 Hakko

Just recently had to re teach myself how to solder. Struggled with the off brand Amazon ones. Once I got some good solder and a good soldering iron it made a world of difference.

This is the solder I use.

Also recommend some good flux to help the solder flow nicely.

Last edited:
well icant edit my post and add a quote or delete my previous post so lets try this again

https://www.amazon.ca/FASTTOBUY-Soldering-Station-194°F-896°F-Temperature/dp/B082HP4513/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=hakko+soldering+iron'&qid=1630197180&s=hi&sr=1-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFLWThRMkw1UUhaUzYmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA1MTIyMDczRURGU1VRRTY3NlMwJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwNzk1OTkzTTE0UFdPUVZZVkNIJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I had that Helping Hand in the above post, and it fell apart and tips over. I paid half that price 2 years ago on AMZ. Clips are garbage. I mounted it to a block of wood for stability. But more of a nuisance . There is better out there. Helping hands are great to have though. The better soldering irons have gone up in price drastically. I like irons that are close to 600 degrees F. And have fast recovery times. Just me. For most, cheapos work, but there will be times when only a real one will work on certain types of heavy soldering, 10 guage etc with large bullet connectors . You need large blunt tips that take much heat to work right. If you don't have enough heat, cold dull solder joints will result. No good.
oh wow that price is absolutely insane. its sad to think people are paying literally 3 times as much as they could pay for the same exact item. that seller should be banned on amazon. i have the same one but i only paid $45. it is an awesome soldering station. this was $135 through the other persons link when i made my first post and in case it changes again it says its $75 right now
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0987M23NQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The best in my opinion is Metcal/OKI. With the high temp tips it works wonders even with 10 and 8 awg wires and 6.5 and 8 mm bullets. Without using to much time with the heat on the stuff ur soldering. The tips works within the curie point of heat transfer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back