Kraton Best Street/road tire for a stock Kraton 6s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if its been asked, scrolled through quite a bit of threads and couldn't find anything.

Thanks
SRC Road Crushers are nice. Just for bashing around on the road or are you planning speed run style runs?

No speed runs, just some parking lot fun and maybe setting up a track or something. Thanks I couldn't remember about the SRCs, appreciate it.

53/107 Hoons. This on my Mojave Chassis with Kraton Arms. Modded Lim body. (Large Typhon)

1642699480370.png

Below:
Sweeps Terrain Crushers, Large, Heavy and Belted. A bit of Off road is ok. No good for the grass IMHO. Best On road.

1642699654514.png

Will probably need to adjust gearing some, (pinion and/or Spur gear) to dial it in. Depending on what diameter tire you end up with. Need a strong Servo and Servo Saver spring for the traction of these SRC's on pavement. They really grip. I run 35 kg DS3235 servos. They are not good for jumping or hitting potholes. The wheels will crack. For smooth pavement they are fine.
1642700141037.png

Last edited:
They are not good for jumping or hitting potholes. The wheels will crack. For smooth pavement they are fine.
Good to know.

Apparently the powerhobby raptors/scorpion are stiff competition for the src terrain crushers but I don't have any personal experience with either. I think the 1/5th scale grp tires are worth a mention though. You just need an adapter to run them which adds 50$ to the cost.

Serpent tires. Buddies car. Put them on afterwards to test. I did not buy them afterwards as I have other rigs for pavement. But for pavement the tires were pretty OK. A lot better than stock tires.

Other buddy has Louise (think you call them Duratrax) Rocket on the 6s Notorious. Waaaaaay to grippy. Tends to flip over in corners - in summer at least when warm.

20200516_171220.jpg

20200516_171230.jpg

Last edited:
Be aware. Sweet Racing 3.8 wheels are super fragile. I've had multiple of my Road Crushers crack wheels staying on pavement without hitting anything.
I too have had problems with src road crushers cracking.

Wow, thanks for all the replies. Duly noted on the cracking issues. Ions ago (back in the early 70s) I used to race 1/8th scale road cars ( Associated 1/8th scale with an Enya .19 and foam tires) and fell in love with tearing up road courses.

You can also install 1/8 on road tires. These are GRP 1/8 S1 tires ( I know it looks silly)
Due to the smaller diameter and the Kraton's diff ratio it will need alot of gearing.

With a 34t spur/ spool from the limitless and 37t pinion I hit 96 mph on the stock Kraton electronics and these tires.

speed 1.jpg

Sweep racing doesn't ship to Indy, WTF, over? Guess I'll keep looking.

..edit... found some on fleabay
Screenshot_20220121-092933_Chrome.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back