Best street tires for talion v4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim123

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
What are the best street tires that wont fall apart within a week of using them? Thanks for the help?

If you drive onroad be prepared to replace tires a lot. I had an onroad car once and blew through tires so much, I would be lucky to get 3 packs out of a set of tires. Even the grps will wear down pretty fast especially if you are doing doughnuts and powerslides a lot.

Look at the Infraction people have been burning up tires in one pack through the truck.

Thanks for the help guys. I wish I had the money to be able to sit and replace my tires when I need to. Looks like I'll be running off road instead. Any recommendations for the best off road tires?

Stock looks awesome for off-road. I'd hang with stock for as long as they hold up.
I feel like GRP would be way too small.
I ran Sweep Racing Terrain Crushers for a long time and they fit well on the Talion for off-road and on-road. I think you'll like em if you haven't tried yet. They've done some work on the wheels recently so they're supposed to be stronger. $100-115 cost for the whole truck last I looked.

Street eats up tires, someone posted awhile back their new 6s Typhon ate up the stock set in a day. Drifting, power slides, will do that.

Here’s another idea. As you wear out off road tires, like the stock tires, using them off road, start using them on road near the end of their tread life, and finish them there. They surely won’t last long on road, but they won’t be of much use without tread off road at that point, so you might as well smoke them if you got them.

Thanks for the help guys. I wish I had the money to be able to sit and replace my tires when I need to. Looks like I'll be running off road instead. Any recommendations for the best off road tires?
Dboots Backflips.

Here’s another idea. As you wear out off road tires, like the stock tires, using them off road, start using them on road near the end of their tread life, and finish them there. They surely won’t last long on road, but they won’t be of much use without tread off road at that point, so you might as well smoke them if you got them.
I smoked my street tires once I realized what was left of them. Fun as hell.

I ate mine up in 20 minutes...
The ones one the V3 and V2 haven't lived up to what folks want to do with the 6s Typhon imo. They grind away quick and worse aren't capable of the included speed pinion in the bag. I hope if I get Hoons they'll make me set it up and be able to put in away finished and ready. lol

Food for thought, I got a Senton V3 6S about 3 months ago, and was planning on turning it into a drifter/powerslider. I burned through the stock V3 tires in 2 runs, then I tried a set of Duratrax Banditos, and tore/blew out the sidewall on one of the rear tires after 2 runs. After that, I got frustrated and threw on a set of Alza racing 1/5th scale wheel adapters with GRP S5's that I had on my Typhon V4, and they've held up GREAT. I have almost no real noticeable tire wear after around 25 runs. I'm not easy on it either, mostly powerslides and the occasional speed run. IMO, since the 1/5th scale GRP's I'm running are taller and wider than the 1/8th scale tires I was running, the RPM'S and heat are lower and generate less wear with this setup. Although the cost of the Alza adapters and the 1/5th scale wheels/tires are more expensive, I feel that it's worth it. I'm including pics of the chassis and tires to show they're current state.

Attachments

• 20190805_184827_1565045915335_resized.jpg
    20190805_184827_1565045915335_resized.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190805_184851_1565045918485_resized.jpg
    20190805_184851_1565045918485_resized.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 134
Food for thought, I got a Senton V3 6S about 3 months ago, and was planning on turning it into a drifter/powerslider. I burned through the stock V3 tires in 2 runs, then I tried a set of Duratrax Banditos, and tore/blew out the sidewall on one of the rear tires after 2 runs. After that, I got frustrated and threw on a set of Alza racing 1/5th scale wheel adapters with GRP S5's that I had on my Typhon V4, and they've held up GREAT. I have almost no real noticeable tire wear after around 25 runs. I'm not easy on it either, mostly powerslides and the occasional speed run. IMO, since the 1/5th scale GRP's I'm running are taller and wider than the 1/8th scale tires I was running, the RPM'S and heat are lower and generate less wear with this setup. Although the cost of the Alza adapters and the 1/5th scale wheels/tires are more expensive, I feel that it's worth it. I'm including pics of the chassis and tires to show they're current state.
Hmmmm. I like this idea.

How much did it all cost and where did you get them at? Thanks

How much did it all cost and where did you get them at? Thanks
I got the wheel adapters for around $45.00 including shipping from Slovenia, directly from Alza racing https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/

The 1/5th scale GRP S5 wheels/tires, part no#GWX02-S5X2. I got off EBAY from the seller "tbaffer". They were 76.00 with free shipping.

Last edited:
I got the wheel adapters for around $45.00 including shipping from Slovenia, directly from Alza racing https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/

The 1/5th scale GRP S5 wheels/tires, part no#GWX02-S5X2. I got off EBAY from the seller "tbaffer". They were 76.00 with free shipping.

OP I’ve done the same as this ^ and can vouch for the quality of the Alza adapters.

I did go S7 for general car park bashing

OP I’ve done the same as this ^ and can vouch for the quality of the Alza adapters.

I did go S7 for general car park bashing
It was cheaper because you only bought two ????

Just figured I'd give another update on the 1/5th scale GRP S5's. I've got 40 runs on these things now, and still no real noticeable signs of wear(y). I definitely feel now I've gotten my money's worth out of this wheel, tire, and adapter setup.. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• GRP S5'S.jpg
    GRP S5'S.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 110
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back