Best tire for Big Rock??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typho1021

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi all. Wanting to get new tires for a big rock please give me the best option for grass dirt gravel off-road use

I’m running duratrax lockup mt on my BRCC
They are belted, so very little ballooning if at all when I’m blasting on pavement but mostly run on short grass & gravel 🤘🏻🤘🏻

C7037444-1B2D-430E-980C-77705D8203EE.jpeg

For me the best tires so far

20210714_225842.jpg

I'd say either the Granite tires or the MX28's. I run the MX28's but they do ballin a good amount but I like it for flips and air control myself👍 if you don't flip a lot or want the air control go with the belted set.

Hi all. Wanting to get new tires for a big rock please give me the best option for grass dirt gravel off-road use

If we had more posts, I think the winner would be Proline tires....

Used so far:

Duratrax Stakkers
Hook up good but a cheap tire need to check the glue and advise to balance
Balloon bad...used large o-rings to help a bit

Proline Badlands MX28 2.8"
Hook up just as good as Stakkers thread pattern is close but a MUCH better quality tire all around
Does balloon still a good tire

^^^this same tire is sold in a new HP Belted version...but it is not as wide

(Current)
Proline Trenchers HP 2.8" Belted (latest release)
Mixed reviews on this one. Personally, I like then no ballooning...win for me!
Some say they do not grip/hook up as well. I agree they do not dig like the MX28 but for me and my bash level they hook up well and move dirt...there is a difference depends on your taste. They do have more slip and spin but do move so time lost I do not see for me....winner for me because I hate how the BR wheelie so much....so the little slip I get keeps the front down so I can move it around all 4 on the ground....don't have to touch my slipper for adjustment.

Watch some videos as well some good reviews out there....

Last edited:
Here's some video of my Bigrock running the regular unbelted MX28's for some idea of the air control and grip etc. My dirts real sandy though as you'll notice also so may be a lot different over your terrain. Also for another example of performance I'm running the smaller belted MX28's on my Granite so here's two examples of the tires mentioned above. As you'll see I had a hard time even getting a single backflip with the belted MX28's on the Granite and that's also with running 4s.

Here's some video of my Bigrock running the regular unbelted MX28's for some idea of the air control and grip etc. My dirts real sandy though as you'll notice also so may be a lot different over your terrain. Also for another example of performance I'm running the smaller belted MX28's on my Granite so here's two examples of the tires mentioned above. As you'll see I had a hard time even getting a single backflip with the belted MX28's on the Granite and that's also with running 4s.

Thx for sharing this vid it does help.... I'd love to be at your spot I am a kid now an old man that grew up in Dukes or Hazards days so something I like about seeing that loose dirt flying around as they did in the General Lee.... If I were there I would hardly touch the ramp I would more so be bashing that dirt...jumps are cool for a short min for me. I think that's why I like the belted Trenchers so I rather be on the ground and have more contact.

Hey question on those MX28 Belted. I know they are not as wide... I would like to try some on my Losi Tenacity DB Pro which has the Badland MX28 SC 2.2/2.0. It's on 3S so it can pizza cut at times. You might not have a 2.2/3.0 tire to compare but are the Belted MX28 all that large? I do not really want to have the Losi with truck-like tires but if a little smaller and can pass I am cool.

By the numbers:

MX28 Belted
specifications:
Height: 5.02" (128mm)
Width: 2.10" (53mm)

My SC tires

Badlands MX SC Tires 2.2/3.0
Specifications:
Height: 4.42" (112mm)
Width: 1.82" (46mm)

Those are just numbers hard to say without having it in hand...numbers are not too far off

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back