Fireteam BEST TIRE FOR FIRETEAM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
What tires have you guys found that work really well on t]FIRETEAM? The stock are great but don’t get good traction on the terrain where I typically drive.

What tires have you guys found that work really well on t]FIRETEAM? The stock are great but don’t get good traction on the terrain where I typically drive.
I've been happy with them. I think the BF has been mentioned. I only have the 4S LP BF on hand, so those would be the ones I'd try first, but all BFs are good.

I’ve used backflips since I had the truck.
Changed from stock to Back Flip MT and you guys are exactly right. The truck is way more fun to drive. I didn’t realize just how much traction I was loosing. Seems like I gained a little more air control as well. I might try the big proline MX38 Beited. I’ve tried them on my Kratons and they are just too big for my driving style. The Fireteam is fast becoming one of my favorite rigs.

8S backflips are 👑 on XLWB, better know how to build diffs though and have big power electronics

I found with the stock tires that the sharper angular edge of the tire was biting into terrain during turns and the rig would flip over too easy. The rounder edge of the backflips alleviated this problem. I do like the look of the FT tires though.

I did put the FT tires on my talion EXB. It has a wider stance than stock (kraton hubs) and lower C of G so the rollover issue doesn’t seem to be a problem on this rig. I’ve also widened the FT using the same method above.

Last edited:
I found with the stock tires that the sharper angular edge of the tire was biting into terrain during turns and the rig would flip over too easy. The rounder edge of the backflips alleviated this problem. I do like the look of the FT tires though.

I did put the FT tires on my talion EXB. It has a wider stance than stock (kraton hubs) and lower C of G so the rollover issue doesn’t seem to be a problem on this rig. I’ve also widened the FT using the same method above.

Good call. The stock does work well....for the purpose of the rig the tires are great!

53/107 silver hoons for me so far. :devilish:

They seemed to perform way better (due to their lighter weight I assume) than my SRC Road Crushers. The big SRC looks better obv but I want the acceleration and bashability on the streets since I don't have much dirt nearby.

PXL_20230326_205808662.jpg

Last edited:
8S backflips are 👑 on XLWB, better know how to build diffs though and have big power electronics
Do you have a picture of 8s wheels on XLWB? I have a XLWB KRATON with 20mm extensions on each side that may be a candidate for this project. I’d like to see what it looks like and have you ran one this way?
I use aluminum diff housings and EXB on my vehicles anyway. Building tough diffs is a must on all Arrmas the way I drive lol 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back