Talion Best tires ( big jumps ) for the Talion v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUGO .R

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi everybody, what´s the best tires for the Arrma Talion ( big jumps and durable )?
Thanks for your answers !!!

The only option are Proline badlands, which I'd get with 0 offset wheels for durability. Anything bigger and you won't get chassis slap before the tiny shocks of theTalion are fully compressed.
I mean, you could get the E-Revo stock tires, or the t-maxx chevrons, but they aren't all that great.

I’m going to say the Proline Shockwaves. They’ve been working for me and I get that thing 60ft in the air landing on concrete.

Well poop, I destroyed my rear shocks landing on grass, max 12feet high jumps (30 feet long too, no more). Are you running stock shock oil?

Yeah that seems like very high viscosity for stock shock oil. I would think even 1000cst seems like a lot

Yeah that seems like very high viscosity for stock shock oil. I would think even 1000cst seems like a lot

The V3 has low laying shock geometry, is setup with a pretty low ground clearance, and it's supposed to go fast over not too rough terrain so I suppose there's that.

Do you think the proline mx38 or the trenchers 40 are so big ?
Or it's better To run with more little tires like the shockwaves or the badlands.
Thanks

I prefer the smaller shockwaves and badlands. But I’m sure others may prefer the mx38 or trenchers. I find with the bigger tires though the stock servo just doesn’t have enough juice to turn them quick enough.

Do you think the proline mx38 or the trenchers 40 are so big ?
Or it's better To run with more little tires like the shockwaves or the badlands.
Thanks

I'm certain they put more stress on the driveline and servo, and pretty sure that when the tires don't allow the chassis to hit the ground on large jumps, the shocks have to absorb all the energy, which breaks things (piston, shaft, shaft guide, shock support or tower...)

I've tried the Badlands on the Talion and they are okay for bashing, but terrible for handling around a track. The extra width on the premounted ones is also not an advantage for the durability of the car, so meh.

Hi everybody, what´s the best tires for the Arrma Talion ( big jumps and durable )?
Thanks for your answers !!!

Proline is coming out with new tires design for the new speedy RC vehicles we got this days. They also claim they will be good for bashing. Someone posted it here in the forum, I just can’t find it but is supposed to be released by mid December

2080kv seems like a lot for 8s. It would be like running the stock motor at 8s speed wise. It would be insanely fast, no?

Proline is coming out with new tires design for the new speedy RC vehicles we got this days. They also claim they will be good for bashing. Someone posted it here in the forum, I just can’t find it but is supposed to be released by mid December

I can't wait. Hopefully we'll see some new basher choices for Talion. I'm ok in the meantime with Road Crushers and the few alternatives but always hungry to try something new. I used backflips for a little while but didn't like the weight of em. And I stripped out a hub so I'm sticking with road crushers on 6s or stock on 4s until something new comes along to try.

I can't wait. Hopefully we'll see some new basher choices for Talion. I'm ok in the meantime with Road Crushers and the few alternatives but always hungry to try something new. I used backflips for a little while but didn't like the weight of em. And I stripped out a hub so I'm sticking with road crushers on 6s or stock on 4s until something new comes along to try.

Attachments

• 38C5F790-DC0F-4764-A598-2E3A07591C43.png
    38C5F790-DC0F-4764-A598-2E3A07591C43.png
    509.2 KB · Views: 79
It's sad that they come a full season later than Louise's, but maybe they'll be better and not weight a ton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back