Kraton Best tires for overpowered Kraton EXB 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukedecker98

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few posts about best tire suggestions, but I cant figure out the best solution for my situation.

I just built a Kraton EXB 1/8th scale, powered with the Spektrum Firma 160 amp esc, Firma 1250KV Motor, currently running 2 Spektrum 3s batteries (6S) and a 23 tooth pinion. I might in the future run 2 4s batteries (8S), but not anytime soon.

The truck handled the power just fine with the 20 tooth pinion, but this past weekend I made a run down the street with the 23 tooth, and half the foam from one tire flew out a small hole. I have a feeling it's partly because the foam got wet from a previous run, but I'm curious to see if there is an overall better tire for the truck.

I'm mostly going to be bashing on job sites and occasionally on the street. I'd like to keep the handling aspect of the truck the same or better, especially with traction and big jumps. I'm not sure if belted or non belted is better, or will add life to the tire.

Thank you in advance!

Lukas

I've seen a few posts about best tire suggestions, but I cant figure out the best solution for my situation.

I just built a Kraton EXB 1/8th scale, powered with the Spektrum Firma 160 amp esc, Firma 1250KV Motor, currently running 2 Spektrum 3s batteries (6S) and a 23 tooth pinion. I might in the future run 2 4s batteries (8S), but not anytime soon.

The truck handled the power just fine with the 20 tooth pinion, but this past weekend I made a run down the street with the 23 tooth, and half the foam from one tire flew out a small hole. I have a feeling it's partly because the foam got wet from a previous run, but I'm curious to see if there is an overall better tire for the truck.

I'm mostly going to be bashing on job sites and occasionally on the street. I'd like to keep the handling aspect of the truck the same or better, especially with traction and big jumps. I'm not sure if belted or non belted is better, or will add life to the tire.

Thank you in advance!

Lukas
I like the 6s outcast backflips on my k6 over the copperheads. Just be sure to vent the tires and seal the holes in the wheels if you have the older ones that still have holes in the inside of the rim.

Thank you in advance!

Lukas

Hmm... I have a set of these and they do good bashing when the dirt is packed and not extremely loose and of course, work on the street. PowerHobby Scorpions. For the power belted would work for you here.

I also run the Backflip LP for the loose dirt and they come vented and very little ballooning why most like them. But you have so much power you could still make them pizza cutters but worth a look.

PowerHobby tire does well as basher they do track/dig and I like them never use them for street...I do nothing on street with my 4x4 rigs

I've been running the belted proline badlands mx3.68for a couple months now and I love the traction it provides plus there is no balloning which increases the life of the tire. They are larger and heavier than the stock copperheads so your handling is gonna be negatively effected.

I also have a set of the backflip lp that I put on when I want more of a lighter agile truck. The traction is great but my side walls always end up getting ripped. Not sure if thats because of the terrain I drive on (packed dirt track with gravel) and/or balloning when i perform backflips.

If I had to pick between the belted badlands and backflip lps, I'd likely go with the proline badlands. It definitely gives the monster truggy look

I've been running the belted proline badlands mx3.68for a couple months now and I love the traction it provides plus there is no balloning which increases the life of the tire. They are larger and heavier than the stock copperheads so your handling is gonna be negatively effected.

I also have a set of the backflip lp that I put on when I want more of a lighter agile truck. The traction is great but my side walls always end up getting ripped. Not sure if thats because of the terrain I drive on (packed dirt track with gravel) and/or balloning when i perform backflips.

If I had to pick between the belted badlands and backflip lps, I'd likely go with the proline badlands. It definitely gives the monster truggy look
Backflip LP has held up well for some well-known YT'ers. Have you looked at your diff fluid to change it could be diffing out just too much spin ripping the tire. Just a thought...

2x AR520049 BACKFLIP LP TIRE (2)​

Loose tires
And Loose wheels.
You need glue them self. Before you glue them, Gorilla tape the tires twice inside to avoid them balooning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back