Typhon Best tires for sand…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Joker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello all…. Got a question. What’s the word on the best tires for the Typhon in sand? There don’t seem to be many choices but saw these on ProLine which states it’s a 17mm which is the correct size for the Typhon correct?

0CB88729-7315-426D-9DCF-FA6B5B775B74.png

Paddle tires will be the best....but I used some proline hyrax 2.8 tires and they work awesome as well. They are still new, so have deep treads, but it wheelies at any speed just like on dirt.
Screenshot_20210607-163115_Gallery.jpg

Not sure if your Typhon can still turn with the paddles you stated. They are pretty wide and it doesn’t look they have much offset to compensate. There are a couple of sand tires (paddles) out there that are a bit smaller and work with the a Typhon (Google ‘rc sand tires’; they are about half the width of the ones you mentioned in your post).
I agree with @HZRDOS, I run Hyrax on the Mojave on both loose and hard packed sand, no problems there. But sand paddles give even more grip.
RC+sand= FUN😎

How about the larger Truggy tires for a hard packed indoor dirt track? They fit, but I will have to cut the body a bit near the rear so they don't rub on it.

It will give me more ground clearance, but then it may tend to flip rather that slide? They are 13.5 CM tall and 6.5 CM wide. Has anyone tried these tires?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back