Best TP motor for a max6? if any at all..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, my 2 cents, I run Max6 with TP 4070 1520kv, Y motor, 23/50 , 500k in cent.diff. Max6 is way more capable then numbers states.
I use 6S Graphene Panther 5.000 mAh 75C battery(it requires battery tray modification) and can tell:
It will eat battery in a few minutes, and Max6 will be around 100C .
Push it hard, it will brake things, I mean hard steel things.
Be careful with high grip wheels (Backflips and similar).
It will tear tires like crazy.
It will give you a hell of a fun!!!
This picture below has it's story: First it broke diff pins(changed to drill bits), then it broke diff sun gear, then it broke dog bone end and finely when all was tight enough it just cut the diff end cup in half, not wear it down, it cuts it clean, so you can perfectly put it together.

20190817_151807.jpg
20190817_151817.jpg

I got a TP 4060 1950kv initially for use in my V3 Kraton with a Max6, the TP rep recommended it for my application when I was first looking at motors. It's been a solid performer...

Last edited:
Ok, my 2 cents, I run Max6 with TP 4070 1520kv, Y motor, 23/50 , 500k in cent.diff. Max6 is way more capable then numbers states.
I use 6S Graphene Panther 5.000 mAh 75C battery(it requires battery tray modification) and can tell:
It will eat battery in a few minutes, and Max6 will be around 100C .
Push it hard, it will brake things, I mean hard steel things.
Be careful with high grip wheels (Backflips and similar).
It will tear tires like crazy.
It will give you a hell of a fun!!!
This picture below has it's story: First it broke diff pins(changed to drill bits), then it broke diff sun gear, then it broke dog bone end and finely when all was tight enough it just cut the diff end cup in half, not wear it down, it cuts it clean, so you can perfectly put it together.
Thanks. Sounds scary now lol. My diff shft cup thingys look a bit warped where the dogbone go into and the pins in the dogbones are like worn too so a motor thats way stronger seems scary.
I got a TP 4060 1950kv initially for use in my V3 Kraton with a Max6, the TP rep recommended it for my application when I was first looking at motors. It's been a solid performer...
Ill prob look into that motor.

I had the TP4060 (1950kv) in a stretched Typhon and it pulled a 60mph wheelie with GRP tires.
It certainly has plenty of power!
It went 0-60 within about an 80-100 ft distance. Would have made an great drag car, if I was into that....

A TP4070 (Assuming your esc can fully power its potential) is likely too much motor for 99% of RC users. In my mind it should only be used for speed runners looking to go past 150mph

For reference, Phillip Jolley just went 150mph with a "little" TP4050

-Liberty

I have a tp 4260 2610kv motor in my talion with a max 6. I run 18 50 gearing on 6s and it is a grass shredder. haven't broken anything yet..motor runs cool and the esc gets warm about 20 mins in of hard running. Backflips on it also and they work just fine bc they are such a light tire. The mounting holes line up on the stock mount and the motor is a beast. All i gotta do now is put a cap pack on the esc and it will help alot. I also have a poseidon 1527 motor that is 1500 kv and i run it on 8s with my max 6 and it runs like a champ..alot more torque than the tp but the tp turns up alot higher. Either motor paired with the max 6 will work fine..i have both motors and each one on a max six..no problems

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back